Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New SW Area - Roll Call

Post Thanks / Like

New SW Area - Roll Call

Larry Johnson - Utah

New Forum has a nice format. What do you think?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does Larry! Are we going to be in the SW Discussions or the "Mountain" sub-category? Hmmm...

The new forum should prove to be a great place me thinks!

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Were Here in Prescott. Hope this form does not get divided up into hundreds of sub forms like the other form. I like keeping track of old man Johnson and alot of the other old timers that we have had fun with over the years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still hanging out just south of phoenix.
    99/2000 NASA PSO Champion-2005 west coast FFR challenge series Champions
    Sponsor Tony B's 2007 ST2 National Championship
    2009 NASA TTC runner up-2010 NASA TTB runner up

Post Thanks / Like
    Where does TX fit in the mix on the regional forums? In true TX fashion I think it should have its own section

Post Thanks / Like
    This may be an opportunity to start an Arizona FFROGs club. There'd be some overlap w/the Arizona C Cars, but this would be different, as it would be for ALL FFR models, GTM, Hot Rod, Roadster, Coupe, etc. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
    Will
    FFR MK III picked up 9/24/05 Roller 9/28/05 First start & go-cart 11/28/05 red w/white stripes, PC Chassis, heat/defrost, FFR 15's, pwr footbox vents, radio delete, dual quad 427W, 4 link w/3.27's, Koni's all around, Gen 1 rag top, snapless tonneau, Herb's door panels, NRC rear discs, Breeze head rest, ********** emblems, Paint by Gino's in Rowley, MA
    2011 ffcars.com calendar Cover Car Yes, that's me in the avatar with Dave Smith in front of my roadster at the '06 FFR Open House!

Post Thanks / Like
    So Larry, how did you go from big wig to "Junior Member" so fast? I would think that you'd have a little seniority here.
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    i hope this is the right place for us Texas folks. This place has a different look and feel, but it is pretty cool.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull81 View Post
    i hope this is the right place for us Texas folks. This place has a different look and feel, but it is pretty cool.
    I'm a Texan, I just happen to live in Vegas right now. Until they open up a "South Central" region this looks like the best choice for you. Welcome!
    Doug Rosier
    FFR #4737. IRS, Dual Roll Bars, 427w, TKO, Wilwood Brakes, Mass-Flo Fuel Injection, Bullit Wheels, a Bimini Top and Plenty of Fun!

Post Thanks / Like
    Present

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by seagull81 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DougR View Post
    I'm a Texan, I just happen to live in Vegas right now. Until they open up a "South Central" region this looks like the best choice for you. Welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by CobraDreaming View Post
    Where does TX fit in the mix on the regional forums? In true TX fashion I think it should have its own section
    I've requested for Texas to have it's own forum... we'll see.. Otherwise I guess we can just pile into one of the three California sections.
    Proudly Driving: FFR MKIII #5392, '89 donor, 306 EFI, T-5
    GT40P-Heads, 3-link, 8.8 / 3.55 Rear, 4 Wheel Disk Power Brakes,
    17" Halibrands, 4X4 Headers, Koni Shocks

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm tickled to be here. Love the look and setup.

Post Thanks / Like

"Junior"

Quote Originally Posted by DougR View Post
    So Larry, how did you go from big wig to "Junior Member" so fast? I would think that you'd have a little seniority here.
    They don't carry over post count.
    But they made me a mod.

You and Chuck commin up in June?
    Or do we have to go to Prescott for a run this year?
    FFR 3850K Mark II arrived 10/18/02; 95 Cobra EFI 5.0, , CSX Dash, IRS w/pin drive real Magnesium Halibrand Cobra II Rims w/ Goodyear 15" Eagle Billboard tires; SRP Paint 4/19/03; "Fun 65" plates; Engine runs 5/14/03; Insured 5/23/03; 1st Drive 5/31/03; Best Interior 3rd Place Vegas 11/8/03, Pic of Month Dec 03, Best Pantera/Cobra 2nd Place All-Ford Hillsboro 04, Best 60-66 at Sherwood 04, Best of all FFR National Show Las Vegas 11/04, Best Roadster Willow Springs 05, Best in Class AutoRama SLC Mar 06, Best Use of Chrome Knotts Apr 07, 23.1 avg mpg; 13.089 1/4 mi. Additions: Chrome pin drive Wheels with Mickey Thompson S/T tires 295/50R15 & 235/60R15, VPM bars, Torsen, Koni shocks 16" front 18" rear, 500 lb springs front and rear, leather seats.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Vegas also.

Just subscribed to the thread too, so I can keep up with all the action in here! :P

Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry N. Johnson View Post
    They don't carry over post count.
    But they made me a mod.

You and Chuck commin up in June?
    Or do we have to go to Prescott for a run this year?
    Larry, we may have to do a Prescott run. I still haven't found work yet so we have to be very frugal with our money. Even our trips to Prescott have slowed way down just so save on expenses. We haven't been there since December. Chuck and Penny have had to come our way for us to get together. But if I'm blessed with work soon we'll reconsider. Linda and I love to cruise with the Utah group. It's one of the highlights of our summers.

We're starting to sell our roadster tops now (and I've signed up to be a Bronze Supporting Vendor) so that should help bring in a little but I need a "real" job to make ends meet.

Jay, it's good to see you here. I've seen Larry and Ryan here but we need to get more of the Vegas guys on board. BTW.. When are you planning to order your car?
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hey all - just saying hello from Vegas also

DougR - Jay was telling me you go to Cars & Coffee on eastern - maybe I will see you down there in the next couple of weeks - weather permitting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Larry, where is the Utah guys going in June? I heard something about Colorado? If you want to do something here in Prescott, just let me know. A Prescott, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff, Williams run might just be fun. Maybe a stop at the Grand Canyon might also be included.
    On another note how's Vette coming?

Doug, we will be back in Vegas March 9-11, getting the other eye fixed, I would like to see your solution for a top for a single roll bar car.

Post Thanks / Like

Utah Update

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Robertson View Post
    Hey Larry, where is the Utah guys going in June? I heard something about Colorado? If you want to do something here in Prescott, just let me know. A Prescott, Sedona, Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff, Williams run might just be fun. Maybe a stop at the Grand Canyon might also be included.
    On another note how's Vette coming?

Doug, we will be back in Vegas March 9-11, getting the other eye fixed, I would like to see your solution for a top for a single roll bar car.
    Hello Chuck!!

How are you and Penny? Hope all is well and the snow did no slow you down.
    There is talk of CO or ID for the annual Tour UT Trip.
    I turned the club leadership over to Terry Stapley and he promptly bought a 10 acre ranch for Alpaca raising. So things are a little slower in planning this year.

Shirley and I have a non-car trip to NY-OH-IL in July so we are working around that.
    I have to "low-key" the UT Tour so she doesn't get all stressed out about "too many big trips".
    Last year's trip was just right we thought...location, people, accomodations, scenery, food, and roads.

Prescott sounds good to me. Maybe that train ride up to the GC and overnight at one of the famous old hotels. Would it be too hot in August; or maybe better in Sept after the schools are open so less competition for rooms, road space, etc?

The 65 Vette 396 paint is nearly done. We travel to OR March 7-14 to retrieve her...nearly 6 months! There is an image here if interested. We get the 396(467) engine March 19th and witness a dyno run. Supposed to get 500 HP on 92 octane at 5700 rpm. We'll keep our finger's crossed on that. Here is an article on the crate engine builder.

So it is a super-slow project to date.

Hope we can get together soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a mighty pretty red on that car. I'm sure you'll be very proud of it when it comes home. I'm looking forward to seeing it.
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Doug, had to jump in just to help bring up attendance.

As for when I am ordering, we'll see. Gotta make all the mistakes on Ryan's first. :P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jayguy View Post
    Hey Doug, had to jump in just to help bring up attendance.

As for when I am ordering, we'll see. Gotta make all the mistakes on Ryan's first. :P
    So, Jay...what is this secret project about?

What are you thinking of ordering?

Post Thanks / Like
    Bud's here. Looking forward to another Utah Cobra trip, to Colorado, Idaho, or even Sedona.

I have another project I am working. It's not a 396 vette but a screaming 2.0L 'mini-vette'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InyZeAxU7Ds

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice Bud. I had forgotten that you were working on that. Those are neat cars but you don't see many of them arround anymore. The last one I saw running was the one my mom had 30 years ago. Looks like you did some really nice work restoring that one.
    Doug Rosier

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess that Opel GTs were chick cars of the day. Why I like them, I can't explain. I consider it my honory 'coupe'. The great news is that it fits inside my 16' SE with no problems. So, now when we go on a run where we trailer the car, I have a choice. Windows and a top or open air.

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Larry N. Johnson;6566]
    Prescott sounds good to me. Maybe that train ride up to the GC and overnight at one of the famous old hotels. Would it be too hot in August; or maybe better in Sept after the schools are open so less competition for rooms, road space, etc?

QUOTE]

Larry, I think a trip to the Grand Canyon would be a blast. We can catch the train in Williams, about a 70 mile run from my house. It's close enough that we could just use the house as a base and do day trips or maybe get a hotel in Flagstaff. I should have the guest house done by late summer so we can house 5-6 couples. August is not to hot up here however it is the monsoon season so we might get wet. Early Sept might be better. The cost of the train varries, it runs from 70-150 per person.

Nice red on the Corvette. A 467 in the Vette, JayBird is building a 455 for his Olds and the 466 for my Mustang should be ready to set by the end of March. Bud's got a nice car but it sounds like a Prius, Opps did I say that.
    Last edited by Chuck Robertson; 02-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hi guys! Elaine Seasly from Tucson, AZ.

Post Thanks / Like
    My first post on the new forum! Greetings from East Mesa!

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Guys, I'm looking forward to this summer (if it ever gets here). My car is at the paint shop so I will be on the road soon.
    Larry, I'm thinking your Red corvette would look great if it had a "U" bumper sticker on it.
    Doug Meldrum
    Doug
    FFR# 7018, IRS pin drive, 5.0/T5
    FFR# 7228, 3link 4.6 DOHC MK4

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys.. Mikiec from the Phoenix area here. Still driving 2290.

Elaine have you contacted John K. in Tucson?

Will, if you want to start a FFROG go ahead, I have to much on my hands with the Arizona Cobra Club.

Mike
    Last edited by mikiec; 11-01-2011 at 08:24 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys! Tricia and I are here. The 455 for the Olds is in the car and is mostly done. Runs great. Have an oil leak between the heads and block that will have to get fixed this fall.
    The Cobra is still running great. Don't forget the Fun Run May 4,5,6. Seligman to Kingman to Topak. They will not allow day passes this year. $50/Car by 4/8 $55/Car after that.
    We are NOT going to do the breakfast on Sunday, Tricia wants to make the run in the Cutlass to Topak.
    Jay

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys! I'm Zach, and it looks like I'm not the only New Mexico member! I'm in the process of sourcing a donor and planning for an 818 project. I've worked on a couple FFR challenge cars, though, and I'm always willing to lend a hand if you're in my area!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to say hello to everyone here. I will be moving from Fort Polk, Louisiana to Fort Huachuca in June. Cant wait to meet you all. Looking at droping my engine and starting electrical harness when I get there.
    Owner MK4 7642RD, 393 stroker, Gordon Levy Super Alloy T5, HDX Clutch, Moser 3.31 3-link with disc brakes, 17" Bullit wheels, NT05's, Seat heaters donated by WarmSeats.com, door panels donated by Herbs Door panels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dale Thomas in Prescott. Just sold my MK II; ordered a MK IV complete Coyote kit.
    SOLD 03/2013: MK II #5004: 5.0 EFI: 8.8, 3.55, E303, TW heads, GT40 intake, 24#, 70mm MAF

Ordered MK IV Coyote Complete Kit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, we had two Opal GT's we used for Gymkhana in the late '60s. We typically placed 1-2 in the events we entered. Nice track cars for their time.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello fellow roadster owners. I'm Rick Morris from Clarkdale, AZ. Clarkdale, for those who don't know, is the sleepy little ex-mining town at the base of Mingus Mtn. home to Jerome. I've got a black Mk3, 351w that I didn't initially build. But I've spent lots of time and money sorting it out. It's a great track car after spending some time a few years back with Gordon Levy getting adjustable Konis and a close ratio 5-speed.

I'm in the process of starting a frame off restoration (kind of an oxymoron considering the car has only 7k miles on the clock). When done, I hope to never have a story to tell or apology to make. My 408 stroker short block is due to arrive soon from Ford Strokers. But I have a question in the meanwhile.

I am seriously considering equipping it with a stack EFI system. Does anyone know of an Arizona (or Utah) tuner capable of dialing the system in once I've got installed? Anyone out there have an opinion? It's that system or four Webers.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick1916 View Post
    Hello fellow roadster owners. I'm Rick Morris from Clarkdale, AZ.

I am seriously considering equipping it with a stack EFI system. Does anyone know of an Arizona (or Utah) tuner capable of dialing the system in once I've got installed? Anyone out there have an opinion? It's that system or four Webers.
    I'm located in the east east valley. I would check for events, runs, and such on a new subforum. I agree that getting to cut up would be hard to track. There's got to be a happy medium. Love driving my roadster in the AZ valley!

Hi Rick,

Have you tried AMP Performance? Tommy Thompson has a dyno in Tempe. I think they do everything Mustang. [email protected]
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from the Valley. Looking to get started next month !

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, This is Walt in Aztec NM , Waiting for roadster kit any day now. I wanted to know if anybody ran the torsion bar on the rear or if it is not needed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought I might sign up here too. Jeff from Rio Rico, AZ....south of Tucson. Building my 2nd GTM. Anybody else around here?
    Cheers
    GTM 422, LS6, cam, heads, Mendeola trans

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the last post here was 16 months ago, I don't know if anyone is still paying any attention to it, but here goes. I am in Scottsdale, AZ. I started my MKIV on Thanksgiving of 2015. It's still a long way from being done, but I am making good progress.

Is anyone planning on going to Huntington Beach this year? I am definitely going.
    Jazzman

MKIV #8745 "Flip Top" Roadster, Custom Tilt front, Coyote Engine, Tremec TKO600, Custom Interior. Best of Show winner, Huntington Beach Cruise In 2018.

1967 Ford Mustang Coupe build thread updated 1/22/2021

Roadster Frame Dolly Plan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast