Hi everyone. I received my kit this last Monday and have been digging out through the inventory and storing the body panels all week. Today was my first day of forward progress, a single whopping panel, lol, but it seemed fitting to start my build thread on the same day I started the build itself.

For a little history, my project was born from medical problems that led me to sell my Honda Goldwing. An unknown complication after an epidural steroid injection and subsequent spinal leak has left me with constant dizziness, frequent migraines, and blurry vision. The docs don't know what happened yet. All of the above is career halting, and possibly ending, for me as a young pilot. Dizzy motorcycle riding isn't a really good idea either, so after 2 years, I sold the bike. I don't mention that for any sympathy, just background. The cool silver lining has been the opportunity to break from tradition and be a stay-at-home dad for our daughter, Elani, who was born one month after this started. A really perfect distraction, as is, my projects. Enter, the 818. The 818 is my replacement for the Goldwing, thus, the handle, avatar, or whatever you call it.

For the car, due to some limitations from the above, I opted to use 818 donors to source the wrx and check the parts. I lucked out with an '07 with only 42k miles. Though, of course, that cost a little more. So here we go guys, another 818 S rising from the ashes of a wrecked WRX. The Phoenix.

image.jpg