Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Army Aviators

Post Thanks / Like

Army Aviators

Do you have any Army helicopter pilots in this forum? I believe I remember seeing one or two but I cant remember who they are?

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not an Aviator, but an active duty Army Officer (Logistics) @ Fort Hood. Are you located there as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    helicopter pilot: yes Army: no

P

Post Thanks / Like
    Was a crew chief, that count ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am at Fort Hood as well. Just putting my packet together to fly helicopters for the Army and seeing if anyone here was a pilot to chat with. JKolbfleisch do you have a Factory Five or thinking of building one?

Quote Originally Posted by JKolbfleisch View Post
    I'm not an Aviator, but an active duty Army Officer (Logistics) @ Fort Hood. Are you located there as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Jack, figured there weren't too many other duty stations near Austin! I just sold my 650whp Turbo Mustang ('01 Green w/ Carbon Cowl Hood in case you saw it around post). I will be PCSing to Fort Lee, VA in June and using those funds to purchase a MK4 kit once there.

I was an civilian ASE Mechanic before college and have owned/worked on alot of Mustangs ... so I'm hoping this project won't overwhelm me. Looks like you went Coyote; I'll be doing a basic 4.6L donor build to keep the wife happy! If you're ever out working on the project, I'd love to come take a closer look! I've only seen completed Roadsters.

Post Thanks / Like
    just sent you a PM with my info

Quote Originally Posted by JKolbfleisch View Post
    Jack, figured there weren't too many other duty stations near Austin! I just sold my 650whp Turbo Mustang ('01 Green w/ Carbon Cowl Hood in case you saw it around post). I will be PCSing to Fort Lee, VA in June and using those funds to purchase a MK4 kit once there.

I was an civilian ASE Mechanic before college and have owned/worked on alot of Mustangs ... so I'm hoping this project won't overwhelm me. Looks like you went Coyote; I'll be doing a basic 4.6L donor build to keep the wife happy! If you're ever out working on the project, I'd love to come take a closer look! I've only seen completed Roadsters.

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a pilot but I'm at Fort Hood as well and will be getting my 818S in a week or 2.