FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wilbro in-tank fuel pump install question

Post Thanks / Like

Question Wilbro in-tank fuel pump install question

I cannot seem to get the "sock" to stay on the end of the fuel inlet on the pump when I try to install the pump into the tank and into the baffle. Is just seems to pop off.

Did any of you have this challenge, and how did you get it to stay on? There is a lot of twisting and snaking to get the pump aligned with the baffled section.

TIA for any advice.
    CL
    Confidence: The feeling you have before you truly understand the situation. FFR 7652 Mk IV Base Kit w/IRS: ordered 10/19/2011; Arrived 11/19/2011. Coyote, Trans & headers Installed 9/11/17. First Start 12/19/17, First Go-cart 3/2/18. Aligned and go-karting. Working the interior now. Happy customer of FFR, North RaceCars, Forte's, and Breeze.
    Chris Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    Strange. Every one I have assembled was real hard to get on. Maybe your not pushing it far enough on?
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    It does seem really hard to push on, and the body of the actual pump slides up so the end nipple that the sock fits onto slides up almost into the base. I will figure out a way to hold that from happening tomorrow. That sliding up seems to be what is keeping the sock from going on far enough to catch.

Thanks
    CL
    Confidence: The feeling you have before you truly understand the situation. FFR 7652 Mk IV Base Kit w/IRS: ordered 10/19/2011; Arrived 11/19/2011. Coyote, Trans & headers Installed 9/11/17. First Start 12/19/17, First Go-cart 3/2/18. Aligned and go-karting. Working the interior now. Happy customer of FFR, North RaceCars, Forte's, and Breeze.
    Chris Lewis

Post Thanks / Like
    You have to really work at it. It's a PITA to push on. But once it's on, it's not going anywhere.
    MK3.1 #7076 - Under Construction....
    Coyote 5.0/Solid 8.8/Tremec 3650
    How to:
    Coyote Power Steering
    05-09 T3650 in a Roadster

Post Thanks / Like
    Put mine in yesterday using a BBK pump. Rigged a wire band / clamp from the top of the fuel pump body to the bottom of the frame (gently) to keep it from sliding down. Once you stopped them from moving relative to each other, the task was just pushing it on. Goes on very hard, and make sure you have it on even and straight, but as above, once its on, its on. Also make sure that the sock is lined up with the baffling in the tank so it can go all the way down without deforming the sock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Managed to use a C-Clamp on the bracket above the pump to keep it from sliding up. Worked like a champ! Got the sock to snap on the pump, oriented to match the tank baffle, and the pump installed in the tank.
    Now on to an inventory of my delayed shipment of the FoMoCo Engine Controls pack for the Coyote.
    Chris Lewis