Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fender Flares

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks nice. I had to install these flares to run lower ride heights and 315s on my MKII. My issue after an extensive frame mod was the tire hitting up high under full suspension compression at anything less than .5 degree camber. The great thing about these flares is the huge room up high.
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Those fender flares blend in much better when you can't see the dividing lines any more. It plays tricks on your eyes! I must say, I like them much better than when I first saw them. Have you decided on a color yet?

BTW: Just to show you how much I like fender flares, here's a pic of my old hot rod. It had 15x14 Ansens and Can Am tires. At that time I couldn't find a street tire at the hot rod vendors.

See ya and good luck on the project,

WEK.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry everyone. I was asked to post pictures of the fender flares during and after the install. This was the easiest way to post them with all available pictures and one internet link.

Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    I did similar w/ flares from DaytonaBill. I cut the original so there was about a 2 inch overlap of flare on top of original fender. I was also able to move the front edge of the fender a little forward to help center the wheel in the opening a little better. Original install w/ screws;
    IMG_20140821_080001_434 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    Final bonded on. Sorry the angle isn't an exact match.
    20200308_121019 by craig stuard, on Flickr
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12