Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
As do you! Have been thinking about you and my Stoptechs... I couldn't be happier with my Trophies on the STi. Now that I am getting an 818R I wonder what KNS recommends? I am going to go with a modified STi rear upright. Is that the same as what's on a WRX as far as how the caliper brackets fit?

Everyone: I wonder why nobody is mentioning the Brembos from an STi? As above, do they not fit a WRX rear upright? Are they rare as hen's teeth?
It's OK and fine by me that the discussion seems focused on "economical" or "bang for the buck", but it also is "a compromise". Several are talking "track" and some have the experience so how about some time and energy towards that aspect?
As an example, why not talk about the next level up, which is much lighter floating rotors? I've really liked the Gyrodisc rotors on the back of my STi with the stock Brembos. I'm at a bit of a loss with GD's, but it was easy to drill out the spot-welds on my GR backing plates and get rid of them to make things a bit cooler back there, not to mention the weight loss.
To put Brembo's on a WRX hub you need a bracket and some way to deal w/ the difference in park brake if you want it to work.

http://www.knsbrakes.com/c/kns-bracket shows a few of the options in that regard.

If it were a track car I would want the bolt in front bearing and the 06-07 WRX rear knuckle so I can mount the rear Subaru 2 pot directly.

I would be Subaru's 4/2 piston setup would do pretty well and certainly would be a good start for any car. Those brakes have stood the test of time on many Subaru's and are still pretty good. They were pretty good on the WRX until I got pretty fast on track w/ some sub 200 TW tire. Then it started eating front pads/rotors.

I would think an adjustable prop valve is all but necessary.