Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fire and Ice!

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Fire and Ice!

It's been a challenging winter here in New England. We're supposed to get a bit more snow tomorrow, but then temperatures are forecast to soar into the 50s by the weekend! I thought the flamed Hot Rod would look cool in the snow this morning. When I went to start the car, the battery was dead reminding me how long it has been since the weather was nice. Maybe it’s been the long winter, but I can’t remember a year when I have wanted spring to arrive as badly.

We should have the details on the HB Cruise-In, Hot Rod Power Tour, Open House, and the rest of plans for this spring/summer posted on our website shortly.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like

Nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Smith View Post

It's been a challenging winter here in New England. We're supposed to get a bit more snow tomorrow, but then temperatures are forecast to soar into the 50s by the weekend! I thought the flamed Hot Rod would look cool in the snow this morning. When I went to start the car, the battery was dead reminding me how long it has been since the weather was nice. Maybe it’s been the long winter, but I can’t remember a year when I have wanted spring to arrive as badly.
    We should have the details on the HB Cruise-In, Hot Rod Power Tour, Open House, and the rest of plans for this spring/summer posted on our website shortly.
    Dave
    Love that shot and the stance.

Is it just the rear wheels that make it look like that or are the back tires taller than 26"
    Any straight on side shots of that car??
    Dale
    Hemi33

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Dale,

Fronts are 245/40/R18's that net a tire height of just over 25" (25.375).
    Rears are 295/30/R20's with a tire height of 26.25".

I don't have a side shot and I was freezing me arse off when I took this shot at 9am and 20 some degrees. I like the stance too and I think it's the combo of the tire heights and a bit of ride heght help on the coil-overs. I asked Jim what specs he used for align/ride height and he couldnt remember. It's not too extreme tho because I drove the car last fall to the Bass Pro Shops cruise-in, putting about 125 miles on her with nothing but grins for handling.
    Dave Smith, FFR 001
    President
    Factory Five Racing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Dave if you enter that shot for POM you can take some out of the left pocket and put it in the right. HEHE