Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GTM Inner Door Handle

GTM Builder/Owner
    Post Thanks / Like

GTM Inner Door Handle

Hi,

Been a long time since I've been on the forum. I finished my GTM (chassis #26) over 5 years ago.

My driver side inner door handle broke off the end of the lever where the plastic clip retains the steel pull rod.

I searched with Google (ebay motors and J.C. Whitney, etc). I also searched this forum, but you can search for 'door' or 'handle', but not 'door handle' (If somebody knows how to do this, PLEASE tell me).

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get one of these inner door handle assemblies (without going back to Factory Five and paying a price mark-up and shipping)? Plus the time delay of shipping.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    GTM #26
    Stock LS-6. PHII G50-50, Shane's Louvers, Nordskog Dash, Shaved Door Handles,
    David Borden's Aluminum Dash Cover for Nordskog Dash,
    Roll Bar Covers -- http://quickracingproducts.com/html/interior.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Coincidence.......

A thread started a few days ago (on the ffcars forum GTM section) where another Mike is looking for the interior door handle so he can purchase a set with chrome handles.

There was a change in the handle (not sure if it's GEN2 specific or started just prior to), so the handle you need is likely slightly different, but it couldn't hurt to plug into that thread also.
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking the original ones were from a Ford Focus.
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Downs View Post
    Hi,

Been a long time since I've been on the forum. I finished my GTM (chassis #26) over 5 years ago.

My driver side inner door handle broke off the end of the lever where the plastic clip retains the steel pull rod.

I searched with Google (ebay motors and J.C. Whitney, etc). I also searched this forum, but you can search for 'door' or 'handle', but not 'door handle' (If somebody knows how to do this, PLEASE tell me).

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get one of these inner door handle assemblies (without going back to Factory Five and paying a price mark-up and shipping)? Plus the time delay of shipping.

Thanks in advance.

Mike
    Hi Mike,

My car is going to interior next week. I am replacing the handles with a different design. If you want them, I can send them to you once I take them back out. Roughly a week from now...

Here's a picture of the type that I have, just to make sure that this is what you need.

Let me know.

Mike

Last edited by The Stig; 02-18-2014 at 11:33 AM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

GTM Builder/Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hi Mike,

My car is going to interior next week. I am replacing the handles with a different design. If you want them, I can send them to you once I take them back out. Roughly a week from now...

Here's a picture of the type that I have, just to make sure that this is what you need.

Let me know.

Mike

Shane, I'll take mine to Ford and see what they say. They are extremely close to Camry handles, but a slight difference in shape.

Stig, I'll contact you offline after checking at Ford. I'll take you up on your offer if Ford doesn't pan out.

All the builders on this list are great!

Thanks,
    Mike
    GTM #26

Post Thanks / Like
    Just paying it forward. I can't count the number of people who have sent me parts at no cost simply because I asked where to find them. You're right. There are some really good people here.

The handles are yours if you want them. Glad to be able to help you.

Mike
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    GTM #0081

GTM Builder/Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are not. No Ford part number, etc.

Stig, I will take them. I'll contact you privately.

Thanks to everybody.
    GTM #26

Post Thanks / Like
    Mike,
    My bag says: H.S. auto spare parts
    HS-2331BR 98' premio
    inside handle Corona 98'

that's the right side. I don't have the bag for the left side, but shouldn't be too hard to find.
    HTH
    Jeff
    GTM 422, LS6, cam, heads, Mendeola trans

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by claybags View Post
    Mike,
    My bag says: H.S. auto spare parts
    HS-2331BR 98' premio
    inside handle Corona 98'

that's the right side. I don't have the bag for the left side, but shouldn't be too hard to find.
    HTH
    Jeff
    Toyota Corona.... I found this picture with a google search. Looks like it to me. But I think it will be a hard part to source with a chrome handle.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    R/s
    Vidal
    CURRENT STATUS: Interior Rework and Bodywork.
    GenII GTM #331. Delivered (23/9/10)
    BUILD LOG AND WEBSITE:
    http://gtmbuild.weebly.com/ .

Post Thanks / Like
    FFR is going to be so mad at you guys for giving up their secret. Don't you feel bad?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike,

I haven't forgotten about you. The inner door handles will be sent out this weekend. I'll send you the tracking info as soon as I have it.

Mike
    The Stig

GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mike,

Just wanted to let you know that the door handles are on their way; or at least they will be on Monday.

They'll be shipped UPS ground, and I'll send the tracking number as soon as I have it.

Take care.

Mike

The Stig

GTM #0081

GTM Builder/Owner
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Stig and everybody else on this forum is fantastic. I got the door handles from him yesterday.
    GTM #26

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Downs View Post
    The Stig and everybody else on this forum is fantastic. I got the door handles from him yesterday.
    Good deal Mike.

When I started building my GTM, you and David Borden, Gary Cheney, Shane Vacek, Buggy222 (and a few others), were all about to finish up your cars: Some of the first GTM's to be completed. I learned so much by reading through the build threads of all of you. And I've been fortunate enough to Meet Dave and Gary and form a couple of really cool friendships.

Pictures of each of your cars gave me tons of inspiration to continue through my build (good & bad). And now I am knocking on the door of finishing up my car.

So if I can help you and/or anyone else that have helped me so much, I am more than happy to!

Therefore, as fantastic as you think this forum and myself might be right now, so are you and the guys that documented your builds so well that others who followed you could learn and have the confidence to take on the same project with a real expectation of actually finishing it.

Sending you a set of door handles to help you out, is the very least that I could do.

Thanks Buddy.

I hope to meet you at SEMA or Huntington Beach or some place along the way.

Mike
    Last edited by The Stig; 03-18-2014 at 09:51 PM.
    The Stig

GTM #0081