My 818 funding hasn't materialized, but it looks like my itch to build again will be satiated another way...

My brother jumped on the 15th anniversary special 4 years ago and we had just started the build when life conspired to put it on an indefinite hold. The kit has been sitting in a storage facility ever since. Well, this last Saturday we cracked open the storage unit and took out the wheels so that we could get tires and restart the build! The car has most of the suspension hung already, except brakes and the steering shaft. So sometime this week we will get new tires and next weekend we will mount them and transfer the car to my house where I will begin the build process anew. At this point it looks like my roadster is going to go into semi-storage to make room for the build. I'll probably just put a tender on the battery and drive it a little every month or so until the new one is built. I STILL need to make a glove box and trans cover and will try to squeeze that in so I can show up at HB without having to say - once again - that it's 99% complete!

Unlike my build, in which at least half of my time was spent polishing panels, this build should proceed rapidly. We will see how much we can get done before HB this year with the overall goal to have it off to paint before year-end.

The only difficult part will be the wiring, as I used an I-Squared (ISIS) system last time and this time will use a more traditional Ron Francis setup.

I will be posting a ton of pics as usual and asking a ton of questions, again as usual. The plan for power is a FMS crate 427 Windsor with TKO 600 and one of the injected stack systems. I'm looking for recommendations for the stacks. The kit came with a 3link moser rear (with LSD) and as I said the suspension is already in.

I believe I have to mount the rotors in order to mount the wheels for transport, correct?

Anyway, wish us luck on our new build!