Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sway bar size?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Lowering the front suspension lowers the roll center, increases the roll moment and leans the roll axis toward the front. All of which increases front grip in turn in and steady state cornering. All of the suspension setups are a compromise of grip, turn in, drive off so trying to put them in an equation with not nearly enough data is pointless.
    Wayne Presley www.verycoolparts.com
    Xterminator 705 RWHP supercharged 4.6 DOHC with twin turbos

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Presley View Post
    Lowering the front suspension lowers the roll center, increases the roll moment and leans the roll axis toward the front. All of which increases front grip in turn in and steady state cornering. All of the suspension setups are a compromise of grip, turn in, drive off so trying to put them in an equation with not nearly enough data is pointless.
    Wayne what size sway bar would you run on an 818s intended only for moderate to aggressive street driving? The 22mm diameter bar I have is set up with 3 link anchors at each end. I figured I would use the outmost mounts to start with and if that was too stiff than swap out the bar or do you think I'm just wasting my time with it.