Quote Originally Posted by JeromeS13 View Post
Sounds VERY typical of fuel starvation.
Quote Originally Posted by Hindsight View Post
Glad you are doing what you set out to do and tearing up the track!

I agree that the issue you described sounds like fuel starvation as well. How full was your tank? To my recollection, the WRX ECU doesn't monitor fuel rail pressure, and if that's correct, you obviously can't log it. That would be the best way to go back and validate whether starvation was the issue.
Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
Looks like a big Kart track but perfect for getting more time on the car. My guess would also be fuel starvation. I am encouraged by what you are seeing how your Air to Air intercooler is working with just having air pass over it.
Thanks for the report.
Mitch- no problem. It was a big kart track. With my 4.44 final drive I was hitting the top of third on the front straight and getting into 4th on the back straight. Really cheap and very relaxed track day. Not the nicest surface, but we had the track ALL DAY Friday and it was $25 a person. Can't beat it.

I am thinking that since it went lean on those corners (I loosely matched up data with GoPro footage) it was in fact fuel starvation. What's everyone doing about that?

I'm probably going to make a second thread about this in the fuel section, but here's the trouble I'm faced with:

-Stay with '33 tank, and keep it really full to avoid fuel starvation. Cheapest solution, but way less than ideal for driving.
-Upgrade to Boyd tank. Less fuel starvation since it's taller and thinner. ~$500 cost, and possibly I can't keep my fuel pump? Still doesn't eliminate the fuel starvation issue, but probably makes it a good amount better.
-Upgrade to fuel cell. Seems like almost every cell is square so I'd have to run it where Chad does. I really want to have the 818 as a street car with a passenger seat for at least a year or two, and that'd defeat most of the purpose of having it as a street car. Also, they're expensive as hell. Probably both the safest and the most performance based option, though. Anyone know if I can get a rectangular one for behind the firewall without breaking the bank?
-Hydramat. No clue how to make this work with our in tank pumps, but this would be a cheap way to possibly eliminate fuel starvation.

Any other options I'm not thinking of?