Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
If you can find someone close by with the Kirkey seats I suggest you sit in them before you condemn them. They are very comfortable for a racing seat IMO.
Agreed. Looking at the Kirkey seats you would think they're torture devices. At least that's how I first felt. Then I sat in one. I do a lot of demo rides in my car and the last guy who sat in the pass. seat literally exclaimed in disbelief, "this is the most comfortable seat I've ever sat in." One Kirkey Intermediate Road Race Seat + 1" thick memory foam pad on the base = Comfy!

On the driver's seat I added wedges of foam here and there (sides/shoulders) to dial in the support for the tighter fit required for track duty. When I do a 3 hour road trip I just add a 1" stadium pad to the base (which I don't have under the cover because I want more seat feel on track, so less padding is better there). Even with a very stiff ride, the seat is surprisingly comfortable.

You can add sliders to any seat, but they'll typically bump you up 1" so that isn't always a feasible solution. Of course, style is every man's selection, so a Kirkey may not be the way to go but there are other styles of fixed back seats to consider.

On the bar side I'd like to see what someone comes up with in terms of raising the level of the upper bar on an S-car.

Best,
-j