Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Unrestored, All Original 'Barn-Find' Cobra Replica

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    He just replied to my E-bay comments:

My comments:

"I have a question about this vehicle. In the vehicle description, you have the model listed as a "Pilgrim Cobra" but you further describe it as "NOT A KIT CAR." However, here is Pilgrim's web site (http://www.pilgrimcars.com/company.html) and they are clearly a "kit car manufacturer: Pilgrim: What we do. www.pilgrimcars.com/
    Manufacturers of Cobra and Porche replica road legal kit cars. Company information and contact details.

Are you sure that the vehicle that you have listed is NOT A KIT CAR? It certainly is not an original, un-restored Shelby/AC Cobra.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss/debate this if you'd like. You may send a reply and I'll get back to you.

Ray"

His reply:

"But it IS an UNRESTORED and therefore ORIGINAL (Original paint, chrome, upholstery etc) Pilgrim Cobra that was factory built, not an owner assembled kit car. What on earth is so hard to understand?? And since it doesn't present the potential problems regarding insurance, registration, smog etc. that typically plague kit cars what is so hard to understand about my car?? You may not like it (and I doubt you would if you saw and drove it) but there's no reason to disparage it. It is a 1977 Pilgrim. 971-998-2703"
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray View Post
    He just replied to my E-bay comments:

My comments:

"I have a question about this vehicle. In the vehicle description, you have the model listed as a "Pilgrim Cobra" but you further describe it as "NOT A KIT CAR." However, here is Pilgrim's web site (http://www.pilgrimcars.com/company.html) and they are clearly a "kit car manufacturer: Pilgrim: What we do. www.pilgrimcars.com/
    Manufacturers of Cobra and Porche replica road legal kit cars. Company information and contact details.

Are you sure that the vehicle that you have listed is NOT A KIT CAR? It certainly is not an original, un-restored Shelby/AC Cobra.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss/debate this if you'd like. You may send a reply and I'll get back to you.

Ray"

His reply:

"But it IS an UNRESTORED and therefore ORIGINAL (Original paint, chrome, upholstery etc) Pilgrim Cobra that was factory built, not an owner assembled kit car. What on earth is so hard to understand?? And since it doesn't present the potential problems regarding insurance, registration, smog etc. that typically plague kit cars what is so hard to understand about my car?? You may not like it (and I doubt you would if you saw and drove it) but there's no reason to disparage it. It is a 1977 Pilgrim. 971-998-2703"
    I see what he is saying, since the factory built it its not a kit, kits are only considered a kit if assembled by a customer! HUH? Give hime a call Ray ! But I doubt you will get anywhere with him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    I see what he is saying, since the factory built it its not a kit, kits are only considered a kit if assembled by a customer! HUH? Give hime a call Ray ! But I doubt you will get anywhere with him.
    You can buy a turnkey Cobra from several manufacturers. That doesn't make them low production originals. His "replica" was made from used parts. And you can't have an unrestored barn find replica.