FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 2002 WRX harness, pictures of each connector?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

2002 WRX harness, pictures of each connector?

And the wiring nightmare begins! (In my apartment...working late all week, and will be burning the midnight oil and going home for lunch to do the wiring)

This is a 2002 WRX harness (plugging into an EJ257/205 hybrid) for my 818R build, which I intend to make street legal. I will be keeping some options for us R guys, such as wipers, blinkers, maybe cruise control etc.
    I'm going to document it the best I can. It's a total work in progress and is definitely not as thorough as Craig's thread, but hopefully it will clear up a few differences between the earlier and later WRXs.

I think I will go forward with this. Currently, I plan to delete:

-All airbag wiring
    -All wiring to doors (maybe shorting the door sensors, maybe just "deleting" the door light bulb from the cluster)
    -Fog lights
    -HVAC
    -Power steering
    -Fuel evap sensors
    -ABS(can I just remove all of this?)
    -interior lighting/aux power(might keep 1 12V supply just in case)
    -all fuse boxes, replacing them with a small circuit breaker panel (for safety on a track, for ease of replacement, for weight/space/looks, "thermal memory" purposes, and because race car. I do understand the potential for slower response times, and will have to look into specs before pursuing this fully)
    -Probably more that I'm not remembering right now.

PLEASE feel free to give feedback, especially if you think I could be doing something better. I'm an EE but I am pretty new to this kind of wiring, having rarely tinkered with harness things.

In the mean while, I don't have a good idea for what to use for covering the wires. My WRX has some extra wiring running externally, and I ran some high temp fuel line covering over the wires to protect them. What's everyone here think is the best solution? Plastic tubing?
    Last edited by Pearldrummer7; 03-11-2014 at 01:33 PM.