BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 08 Legacy GT Spec.b As a Donor?

Post Thanks / Like

08 Legacy GT Spec.b As a Donor?

I have a 08 Legacy GT Spec.b as a daily right now, and I'm curious about the limiting factors with the 6 speed transmission going into the 818. I attempted to search the forum for "STI" but unfortunately 3 character words aren't recognized. Does anyone know what the limiting factors are right now? The Spec.b 6 speed does not have the DCCD that the STI has, and has an open front differential. It runs the same EJ255 motor that the regular Legacy GT runs.

I know there are likely other donor parts issues since the suspension setup on the Spec.b is different than the regular GT or the WRX, but I'm mainly wondering about the 6 speed out of the Spec.B and if it would easily work on the 818.

Post Thanks / Like
    it is my understanding that you can not the 6 speed as of now. I have seen post saying that FFR is looking into a solution but nothing there yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Like doowop said, the 6 sp isn't supported now, but my understanding is FFR has a 6 sp in their 'R' version now, running. Give them a call, they may not have any kits together yet, but they'll likely know where to source the parts to do it. Aftermarket seemed pricey in the fwd conversion last I looked. I'm sure that's one aspect they intend to overcome.
    Rich

818S in progress. 2007 WRX sedan donor.
    Powered up: 7-8-14, First Start: 7-20-14, Go kart: 8-19-14

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I've posted the conversion parts necessary previously... not cheap, hopefully ffr can machine their own and save money.

Like Kevin Garnett, Anything is Possible!
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.