Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  11
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: My Daytona Coupe Build... Ten Years in the Making

Post Thanks / Like

Custom Firewall Extension Panel - Complete / Fuel Pump Controller Box - Part 1

Here are some of the other items I've been working on for the last couple of weeks or so. These are side projects which have nothing to do with the actual build, but I consider necessary for mine:

With regards to the custom-made firewall panel addition, I finally finished it. This contraption you see here is supposed to be the "bracket" for the ignition coil. The way I did this allows me to mount the awkwardly-shaped coil, while still giving me enough room between it and the panel for the coil to fit, placing the coil forward enough to clear the 2"x2" square tubing to allow for the electrical connector to be plugged in, and allowing me to remove the coil from the front without removing the whole panel to do so.

The coil mounted to the "bracket". This set-up still gives plenty of room between it and the engine.

After the panel was powder-coated, I attached all the intended items (fuel regulator, MAP sensor, starter solenoid and ignition coil) onto it and temporarily installed the panel to the frame to make sure everything fit.

I need a place to mount the fuel pump controller and the battery shut-off switch. I decided to place them together in a custom-fabricated box. This box would be installed under the trunk floor, but easily accessible via a bolted lid, much like the after-market battery boxes. I started with a drawing with dimensions gathered from the trunk's frame and obstructions. Then, I transferred the dimensions onto board paper pieces which I bent and taped together, then mocked onto the frame to make sure it fit.

Once I was satisfied with the fitment of the template, I used the board pieces to make aluminum counter parts. I then drilled the necessary holes and marked where each piece needed to be bent. Thanks to Henry (65 Cobra Dude) for letting me use his metal brake to do this part (I really need to purchase one, but can't decide if I want just a brake or a much more expensive 3-in-1).

This is the pre-assembled box for the fuel pump control unit attached to the frame by cleckos for fitment purposes. I still need to drill holes for all the items and wires which will be installed within the box and fabricate the lid. I will be doing this later, during the wiring part of the build and once the battery is installed.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos -- thanks for your updates -- these are really helpful as I follow your footsteps on a Coupe build! Keep posting . . . I am just starting on wiring and will be using some of your hints, like the cover plate at the rear of the engine to mount stuff.

007.JPG

-wayne
    Ordered Type 65 Complete Kit Aug 29, 2012 - The 50-50 $ale!
    Standard Width IRS; Halibrands - 17x9, 17x10.5
    Kit Arrived: Oct 9, 2012; Build Started: Oct 28, 2012
    WordPress: http://wayne-yoshida-kh6wz.com/
    LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/waynetyoshida
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/kh6wz?feature=results_main

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words, Wayne. I'm glad to see that some of my ideas are helping others out there. Of course, I borrow others' ideas as well. Stay tuned, as I do have more custom fabrication in the works. Also, I'll be adding more electrical components from my donor, which will necessitate more circuits. As of now, my thoughts are not to splice the circuits from the RF fuse panel, and instead just to get a secondary universal fuse panel. If I go that route, I already know where to mount it, and already have made the appropriate access panel on the side of the driver's foot box. Additionally, I plan to fabricate an overhead console, which will house more switches, lights, and speakers. Unfortunately, I've been busy with other personal matters and have not had much time lately to work on the Coupe, so you may end up finishing up the wiring stage before I do.

Carlos
    FFR Coupe #0635; Ford 347ci, Tremec TKO500, 8.8 rear end w/ 3.27:1 gears, Cobra/SVO brakes

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlos C View Post
    I just keep running into issues regarding the front suspension, due to a badly welded frame tubing. After installing the FFR spindles and my donor hubs to it, I realized that I had wasted hours of work. The FFR spindles are not compatible with my donor brakes. The FFR spindles can only handle up to 11" rotors/calipers. My donor brakes are from SSBC and are 13" rotors/calipers. This brake system came with a caliper mounting bracket for the SN95 spindle (which is what I have), but due to the design of the FFR spindles, this bracket is not compatible with their spindles. See photos below.

SSBC caliper mounting bracket, specifically made for the Mustang to work with their 13" calipers.

SSBC caliper mounting bracket mounted on the SN95 spindle.

SSBC bracket not fitting onto the FFR spindles.

Close-up of the FFR spindle's interference with the SSBC bracket.

After a few email exchanges with photos, I was given two viable options:
    1. Bend the front frame tubing which originally created the interference between the UCA and the frame, and go back to using my donor's spindles and attach the UCAs on the upper mounting locations. This option makes me uneasy as although I asked for detailed information on how to properly bend this tubing without damaging it, I was not giving any. And any bends on this tubing could result in misalignments later on with the aluminum chassis panels for the radiator, or worse yet, the brackets which attach to the nose, although I was promised they would be no such issues. Well, I should've never had any issues installing a simple UCA to its bracket, but yet here I am.

2. Spend an additional $921 to purchase FFR's brake system designed to work with their spindles. I have two problems with this option:
    a. Their brake system is not up to par compared to mine. Theirs are 11" rotors, non-drilled and non-slotted, with 2-piston calipers. My brakes are 13" zinc-plated, slotted rotors, with 4-piston aluminum calipers. Let's note that my engine makes over 600 RWHP. I need to make sure I have a set of brakes that can stop the car at any given moment and resist fade when hot, especially when racing.
    b. Why should I spend almost $1K for a brake system, in addition to what I've already spent in options, in order to rectify a situation which is not my fault?

I do have a third option: I may carefully cut this frame tubing at the welds on the X-member, install the UCA, place a few spot welds on the tubing after repositioning to clear the UCA, remove the UCA, finish welding the tubing, and powder-coat the section where the coating was removed. After that, I'll re-assemble the suspension and FINALLY install the brakes.

Either way, I've already WASTED too much time changing parts, assembling, disassembling and re-assembling; emailing FFR back and forth, just to end up going nowhere with this. It's very frustrating when you spend so many hours working on this vehicle, and then step back to look at it, just to see absolutely no progress.

Well, we'll see what option I decide to go with...

Carlos
    If you have not decided yet, I suggest a fourth option.

Just grind the SSBC bracket to fit the FFR spindle. There is way too much meat in this bracket anyway. To a lesser extent, I had to grind my Wilwood bracket as well.

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    As suggested above, there is plenty of meat on the caliper bracket. Grind down carefully so that the bracket matches
    the contour of the spindle. make it as close as possible so the threads appear as the bracket contacts the spindle.

Hankl
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hankl and Totem:

I decided to go a different route as the amount of distance between the bolt holes on the bracket and spindle is too great, and removing material off either or both would compromise their integrity. Thanks for your suggestion, and sorry for the very late reply, as I've been off the site for a long time.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like

Change of Plans...

Well, it's been just about a year since my last update to the build, and over a year since I was promised parts for my front suspension by a certain vendor, which regardless of the owner's awful reputation, he's still allowed to advertise here. I've also had personal and medical issues to work through, and started a new job which takes a lot of my time. Due in part to the undelivered parts, and a recent purchase of a Mustang, I decided to go in a different route with my build, hence the change in my signature.

So, instead of using the previously-planned supercharged 358ci engine, Viper-spec'ed T-56 tranny, 3.73-geared, electro-magnetic posi; and 5-lug, multi-piston brake system; I've decided to keep those items for a later Mustang project. What I'm doing is using other parts which I already had sitting around. I had a 302 taking too much room in my garage, so I tore it down and I'll be taking it to the machine shop for cleaning and stroker kit clearing. I also have a TKO-500 which only has about 3K miles on it. Additionally, I just re-built and powder-coated a spare rear end I had sitting around for a couple of years, including replacing the clutches on the center section. Lastly, I rebuild part of the brakes I already had, and purchased what I wanted to upgrade, mainly to Cobra/SVO units and to rear discs. I also solved the issue I had with the right front upper A-arm not clearing the frame (see post #259).

Photos and build updates on the next post.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like

Rear End Re-build (Part 1)

Removed the previously installed rear end and commenced re-building the one I had sitting around in the garage. This one was fairly rusty, with a lot of miles on it as evidenced by the worn out center section clutches, and at some point, someone had installed 4.10 gears in it. Since I'm using a 5-speed tranny and don't plan to race the car anymore, I don't see a point in running this very short gear. Therefore, I purchased a set of 3.27's.

Center section with the spider gears already removed, and ready for further disassembly and cleaning.

All it needs now is to have the bearings pressed out.

Center section and other parts cleaned, new bearings pressed in, and new clutches/steel plates ready to go in.

The rusty differential unit disassembled and ready for sand-blasting and powder-coating. On the foreground is the original rear end which I removed from the car and will go to my next project.

Rear end powder-coated and ready for assembly. Bearing races already pressed in.

Pinion and ring gear installed. Pinion depth set, ring gear backlash set at .008", and so has the gear tooth pattern.

[cont'd]

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like

Rear End Re-build (Part 2)

Torqued everything down, installed a new vent valve, "borrowed" the upper control arms' bushings and cups from the other rear end and pressed them in, as I already purchased and installed a set race spherical bearing bushings for the other rear end. I also borrowed the brake lines from it.

Here, I installed the upper control arms, the axles (after powder-coating the flanges), and FFR's lower control arms brackets.

The rear Cobra brake calipers came un-coated, so I decided to ceramic coat them.

After disassembly and ceramic coating.

Rear end installed on the car with the brakes. Rotors have been powder-coated in order to prevent corrosion.

Carlos

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    3:27 gears work well with the Coupe IMO. That is what I ended up using. Good to see you back at work on your car.

East Coast Speed Machines Erik W. Treves's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW … the rear sway bar you may find is WAY too low. I tried to run one on my Mark 1 and didn't work out all that well....

looks good though!
    FFR 1879, Blown DSS 306,REDLINE management, VeryCoolParts Tuned 460RWHP

FFR 818S, The Flash, Chassis #5, 2.0L, LSD, Electromotive TEC-S, VCP Tuned, 278RWHP 265 RWTQ

FFR 6651, Green Lantern, 408W Crate, Hellion 66mm Turbo, JGS Waste gate / Blowoff valve, Tec-GT management, VCP Tuned, 575 RWHP, 690 RWTQ

FFR 8335, Black Mamba, 289 FIA CSX 2001 tribute car, 347, 48 IDA webers, VCP Tuned, 311 RWHP 386 RWTQ, 3-link, Trigo's

FFR 0004, Gen 3 , Hawk Coupe, Coyote twin turbo, 683 RWHP 559 RWTQ, IRS, VCP Tuned. "not too shabby"

US ARMY Maintenance Test Pilot (CW4 Retired)

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the kind words., gents. Erik, thanks for the heads-up. I'll keep a mental note on that, and we'll see how it works out. If it doesn't, no biggie. I'll either run an aftermarket unit or none at all.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like

Trunk Mini Project (Part 1)

I turned my attention to the trunk area this past weekend. I finally received and installed my battery box, along with my fabricated FMU (fuel management unit) / battery cut-off switch box.

Here are the two boxes temporarily mounted within the frame rails under the trunk.

Close-up view of how these boxes will be permanently mounted. After this photo was taken, I removed the bottom of the FMU box and drilled out all the necessary holes for all the items which will be attached to it.

I placed the trunk floor down, marked the holes to be cut out, performed the "surgery" and placed the trunk floor back down to check for correct clearances. Besides the holes for both boxes, I cut out holes for the fuel pump pick-up tube, fuel level sending unit and fuel pump emergency cut-out switch.

Before I permanently mount these boxes, I will be coating them to protect them from the environment, including road debris. I also just ordered a sound system for the car, and plan to build a sub-woofer box. I'll hopefully start that mini-project this weekend.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice work Carlos!!!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Henry!

Well, bad luck struck again. I was involved in a bad car accident on August 3rd, by some moron showing off for his friends in a Mustang. He plowed into my truck while I was waiting at a light; hit me with so much force that he pushed my vehicle into the next lane and onto a city bus. My truck was totaled and I was hurt - needed stitches on my head, concussion, shoulder injury, leg injury and infection, back and neck injuries... but I'm still here. Unfortunately, the injuries have prevented me from working on the Coupe.

Hopefully, I'll be in the garage soon finishing the trunk project, although I need to buy a metal brake, or a 3 in 1 (shear, brake, roll).

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear of the accident. Hope you get better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's horrible. Wishing you a speedy recovery!

Post Thanks / Like
    In accidents like that you don't question if it's going to hurt but how long it's going to hurt
    Speedy recovery
    And let me guess....dude didn't have insurance...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You got this Carlos!!! Let me know if I can help!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Carlos,
    I started reading your thread yesterday and realized after I was hooked that you started 4 years ago. I see that you've had more than your share of set backs, this last one is like the topper. However, if there is anything that I can tell from your build it is that your significant level of skills, is only outweighed by your commitment and drive to see a goal accomplished. I'm absolutely certain that drive has served you well during your career and life.

You will recover and see this through to completion.

Reading your thread has given me a fresh perspective to realize that the little obstacles I'm getting in finishing our roadster are really so minor and not even worth of a mention, less a complaint.

Thank you for sharing your story.
    Vince

Post Thanks / Like
    Holy crap Carlos that is aweful.
    Hope you recover soon, or at least feel good enough to get back on the coupe.
    You never know what will happen next in life....

John
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013

Post Thanks / Like

Back on the saddle

It's been a year since my last post, but not a year since I've worked on the car. Since my car accident, I spent a lot of time rehabilitating my body, along with dealing with other medical issues and working overtime. Still, I've found some time to work on the vehicle.

First off, regarding the upper control arms fiasco, I never received the parts, nor ever heard from the vendor whom shall remained nameless. However, I was able to heat up and slightly bend the front frame tubing, in order to finally install the passenger side upper control arm.

As per Post #287, I've made changes to the vehicle's configuration. This mainly includes the drivetrain. I've already replaced the rear end, rear suspension and brakes. Since the engine and transmission are also changing, and I had a spare 302 / Tremec 5-speed combo sitting around collecting dust, I decided to use them on this build. The tranny only had about 3K miles; therefore, it only needed an inspection, minor maintenance and powder coating/painting.

The 302 block was taken to a machine shop to inject it with steroids, and by the time it came out, it was ready as a 347. The short block is now assembled. I got the rest of the parts ready to go, except the intake manifold, which I haven't decided on yet.

Currently, I'm working on a sub-woofer box which will be installed in the trunk.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    It's great to see you back at it and I look forward to seeing more progress!
    Gen 2 Type 65 Coupe. Gen 2 Coyote. T-bird IRS. 3.55 Torsen diff.
    Find me at "Team Limer" on Facebook
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/750619...7668366966791/
    Rally North America "Team Limer"
    https://www.classy.org/team/464751

Post Thanks / Like

It's Been A While - Part 1

Well, it's been a year since my last post. I had a motorcycle accident right after it, which was the main reason for the lack of updates, as I was going through rehab. Of course, then the world went to hell due to COVID-19. At some point, I decided to unplug from social media altogether. I have been quietly working on the car since about late spring.

As of this writing, the engine and tranny are in the car, the engine harness is completed; the driveshaft has been shortened, powder-coated and installed.

Post Thanks / Like

It's Been A While - Part 2

The trunk is finished, all the electrical, including custom electrical work - besides the gauges/dashboard - has been completed. Speaking of the dashboard, due to the A/C system and custom center console, I had to cut so much of the Spyder GT dashboard, that there wasn't much left of it. So, I decided to use the original aluminum dashboard instead, but I'm adding a few custom touches to it. I've also added some custom pieces throughout (shock towers, E-brake, Shifter, etc) to help seal the cabin from the elements.

I also had to make modifications to the frame for the custom center console.

Although there has been more progress than what the photos show, and I will be posting more updates in the future, I'm in the middle of a new, but short side-project. I just purchased a 2020 Mustang PP2, which I plan to modify immediately - I already have most parts ready to go. The supercharger is on its way. I will be documenting the project on this forum. Stay tuned.

26. Likes Gbeck liked this post
    PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you are back at it. Keep up the good work.
    16+ FFR kits and counting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Nice work Carlos! She’s coming along. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Mustang!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, guys. I just received the remaining parts for the Mustang and completed powder-coating everything I deemed necessary from those parts and custom fabrications. The hood and front bumper will go to the dealer for painting, once I test-fit them on the car first. I hope to start tearing down the car this weekend, barring any unforseen issues.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like

It's Been A While - Part 3

Here are some more photos on my Coupe progress.

The beginning of the sub-woofer box.

The somewhat finished trunk floor.

The amp will be located behind the driver's seat.

Once I complete the Mustang upgrades and get back on this never-ending build, I'll post more photos. Now, these are older photos; this car is actually further along than this. I just haven't taken any recent pictures.

Carlos

31. Likes 65 Cobra Dude liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Mustang GT500 clone side project

It's taken me forever to build the Coupe. This is due to vehicular accidents, medical issues, civilian job, military deployments, side projects, etc. Side projects included rebuilding my motorcycle, buying and bringing a Mustang from the grave and making it into a reliable vehicle, and working on other people's vehicles. If I could predict the future, I would have waited to build the Coupe, but as the adage goes: hindsight is 20/20.

I've wanted an S550 Mustang for the last few years, and resisted the temptation until now. I originally wanted the GT500, but it only comes with an automatic transmission. So, I made a deal with Ford: they would deliver me the closest thing to the GT500 (brakes, suspension, tires, braces, radiator, coolers, options, etc, with a manual transmission; the rest was up to me to complete. I've received all the body parts to convert it to a GT500 (minus the badging) and a blower. I'm also lowering the suspension 1". This is a track-ready Performance Pack 2 with additional options added at the plant. But as with everything I get my greasy hands on, I can't ever leave well-enough alone. So, here is the start of my Mustang GT500 clone project.

The following are the "before" photos. The only mods done so far have been window tinting, black badging/emblems, and exhaust resonator delete.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    The transformation has begun, and with it, the first SNAFU. The first item I fit-tested was the hood and it failed miserably; it's warped on the front passenger side. It's bad enough that after it's completely latched down, I can still stick my fingers between it and the bumper. The only way to fix it would be to perform relief cuts on the inside skin and re-weld. But since I paid too much for this hood, it's going back and hopefully get a replacement soon. Unfortunately, this will set me back.

I proceeded to remove the front bumper which took me what seemed forever. Due to the PP2's extra splitter, there are a gazillion of screws, pins and reusable plastic rivets which need to be taken off; not only off the bumper and splitter, but also the chassis pan. To make it worse, the plastic rivets are a pain to remove. Some of them were installed improperly from the factory, which made it even more difficult to remove. It took me all day, but the bumper is off.

Pre-fitted the partially-completed GT500 front bumper, and so far, it seems that it will work out. Once I install the blower, I'll test-fit it again with all the pieces attached before it goes to paint.

The next step is the blower install. The plan was to pre-fit the hood and front bumper after the blower installation, and then send them out for paint while I continued with the upgrades. Due to the hood issue, I'll be done with all the upgrades before I get a new hood. This will set me back weeks, if not at least a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Engine preparation for the blower installation has begun. Most items which needed to be removed - many of them which will not be re-installed - are off the vehicle, and I've begun installing items from the ProCharger's kit.

At the same time, I decided to darken the front side marker lights with tinting paint. We'll see how long that lasts. I went this route because no one seems to make a cover for these lights for the '18+ Mustang. There are covers and vinyl films for the tail lights for these model years, but they are garbage. I'll most likely use the paint for the tail lights as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quick update:

The blower sub-project is complete. All I need to do is upload the basic map and stock tune, send the memory card to the company, wait for them to load a new fuel map and tune, and send the card back to me to download onto the computer.

Next up, GT500 side rocker panels and lowering springs.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Merry Christmas, everyone!

I've spent the last few days -including Christmas day - working in the garage. Here's what I've accomplished lately.

Put together the GT500-styled side skirts and mounted them. To do that, I had to remove the rocker panels off the car. Thankfully, this went without much fanfare.

Next, I moved on to the front suspension. I removed the coil-over struts, replaced the springs, added camber plates, re-installed all the parts and adjusted the camber as accurately as I could.

The struts to spindle bolts are splined and need to be hammered out. The passenger side bolts came out without much issue, but the driver side felt like they were welded in place, hence the torch in the picture. I had to heat the spindle for about 10 minutes to get the bolts off.

I moved on to the rear suspension. I had to remove the shocks to gain access to the springs. Additionally, I had to make a small Magne-ride connection alteration on the shock. Another issue I encountered was that I had to grind down the spring perches, in order to remove the shocks. Even after removing the anti-sway bar, it was extremely difficult to remove and install the shocks. Once I'm able to get car back on the road, I'll get the suspension professionally aligned.

Lastly, I removed the rear bumper to replace the valance to the GT500-style unit. I fabricated and installed splitters to the valance. While the bumper was out, I took the opportunity to replace the side marker lights for LED units, same goes for the reverse light. Also, I decided to darken the taillights while they were out.

Although the rear is now all back together, I decided not to post photos until the car is basically completed. I am now working on fabricating aluminum shields for the air filter and windshield washer reservoir. More on that during my next post.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    Happy New Year, everyone. I, for one, spent it in the garage.

Now that the rear of the car is put together, I concentrated on the last piece of business there - the spoiler. The GT500-style wing needed a couple of extra holes drilled on the deck lid, but otherwise, it was a fairly straight-forward installation.

As I already mentioned, I designed shields for the air filter and windshield washer, as they will be exposed to debris and water with the new bumper. These are the final versions.

And here they are powder-coated and installed.

The front bumper is at the paint shop now. They told me that I should get it back some time next week, but knowing how they typically work, I'm not holding my breath. I also ordered a fuel pressure gauge, a fuel line adapter (to install the fuel pressure gauge sending unit), A-pillar gauge pod, oil catch can, and center console gauge pod for the Ecoboost (as the one that came with my car only read vacuum, and the Ecoboost version reads vacuum / PSI). Last thing I've done so far was to upload the stock tune from the computer and send it to the supercharger manufacturer, along with the car's specific information. I should receive a custom tune to download in a couple of days. Once that's done, and I replace the spark plugs for a set of one heat range colder, the engine will be safe to run.

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    I realize it may just be me and my computer but it seems that none of the pictures are showing up. Is anyone else having the same issue with this thread? I'd really like to see what you've been up to Carlos!
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by q4stix View Post
    I realize it may just be me and my computer but it seems that none of the pictures are showing up. Is anyone else having the same issue with this thread? I'd really like to see what you've been up to Carlos!
    Not sure why you can't see the photos. I can see them anytime after the posts have been published. But, they are large, high-resolution photos; so, maybe that could be part of the issue you're having, depending on your computer / internet access. Have you tried using a different device?

Can anyone else chime in and let us know if you're having difficulty with my photos?

Thanks,

Carlos

Post Thanks / Like
    I don’t see any images either, odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlos C View Post
    Not sure why you can't see the photos. I can see them anytime after the posts have been published. But, they are large, high-resolution photos; so, maybe that could be part of the issue you're having, depending on your computer / internet access. Have you tried using a different device?

Can anyone else chime in and let us know if you're having difficulty with my photos?

Thanks,

Carlos
    Coupe Kit Delivered 11/10/23

Roadster Build thread: 2019-2022 https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...4-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I can see them fine. Nice work Coastie!!!

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting closer to the end of the project. The engine side is done and put back together. The last item was to install an oil catch can - good to have on any vehicle, essential on a boosted application. I use one on every engine; it keeps deposits from forming on the intake valves, top of pistons, sensors, etc; all which create drive-ability problems, shortens engine life and lights up computer engine codes.

Took apart the dashboard and center console - the dash to modify the Performance Pack-specific gauges, and the console to transfer the iPod USB cable to the lockable glove box. For the latter, the console arm rest box has an USB port inside, but this glove box cannot be locked. There's another USB port in the center console, so I drilled a hole next to the port, ran the cable through it and behind the entertainment system, to the dashboard's lockable glove box.

As for the center gauges, I did some research and found that the Ecoboost gauge set-up some companies sell to replace the Performance Pack gauges on the GT which only show vacuum (versus vacuum and boost on the Ecoboost set-up), only works on '15 - '17 Mustangs, yet they advertise that they work on all through '20. Ford Performance told me that is not true. After my research, I found that after 2018, the gauge pack uses a slightly different part number. Ford Performance has not used this newer gauge pack on a boosted GT, so they do not know if it is compatible. My contact at the dealer has not been able to get an answer from Ford engineers, so I guess I'll find out for myself, since I ordered a set. In the meantime, I installed an nGauge, and with it, an updated tune burned to my computer.

I got the front bumper back from the paint shop and I'm in the middle of putting it together and installing it on the car. Besides the gauge pack, all I'm waiting for is a replacement hood, and then I can do the racing stripes and call the car done.

Carlos

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast