Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: GrimmSpeed no longer PNPs

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

GrimmSpeed no longer PNPs

Just a heads up for everyone who was anticipating using GrimmSpeed ported parts...

From

http://www.grimmspeed.com/categories...rting-coating/

Effective immediately, we will be discontinuing the sales of GrimmSpeed porting and coating services. If you have questions regarding a current pending order, please contact customer service via phone (612-379-0000) or email for details!

From Nasioc...

Originally Posted by Timdog1650
    How come you guys stopped with the PnP services? I got an error message on your website today that you're shutting down this end of the business. :-( I always thought this was the best route to go for take a stage 2 car the extra mile without changing turbos...

Hey Tim, glad you asked. It was quite a long, difficult decision, to be honest. It is what the business was started on and was a true craft that we took a lot of pride in. Unfortunately, we found that is was preventing us from being able to focus 100% of our efforts on product development and manufacturing and the sales and customer service associated with those.

We will be working in 2015 to develop products that help fill the gaps that our porting services will leave behind. You're right in saying that they were a great solution for stage two guys, but I'm confident that in time, we'll have some options that will be even better.

If you've got any other questions at all, please don't hesitate to get in touch!

Matt Beenen
    Engineering

Please adjust builds accordingly.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's unexpected, but not unsurprising. It's something that is easy to get started with and has zero overheard more or less but is super labor intensive. It's good to build a brand with but the margins are low. After you build an inventory of parts that you can simply order from a third party machine shop with much better margins it doesn't make sense anymore. Plus, if you plan to offer a header it competes with your own products.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    FS: Full set of GS PnP Manifolds, ultra rare, bidding starts at $50,200.87
    Owner/builder - AEM Intakes 818R #85