Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Carpet Upgrades

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Carpet Upgrades

Hello Roadsters, can anyone send photos of carpet upgrades. I am not happy with the quality of carpet I installed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ksamson View Post
    Hello Roadsters, can anyone send photos of carpet upgrades. I am not happy with the quality of carpet I installed.
    I upgraded to 'Bentley' carpet. I did take one during the build (attached) but picture does not do a good job of showing a comparison. I have some extra carpet, if you cover shipping I will send you a sample piece.

email me at [email protected]

20200913_200049.jpg
    Michael aka @my_cobra_build on Instagram
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Base MK IV Roadster with several options. Body is Lamborghini Grigio Lynx w/ Audi Vesuvius Gray stripes. 25th Anniversary FFR wheels. Seats and interior by Intatrim.
    Gen1 Coyote w/ Comp Cams & Cobrajet manifold. Tremec TKO 600 w/ a midshift kit. 2015 IRS w/ 3.73 Torsen diff. FFR Headers, Gas N Pipes, Power steering & power brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacksaw84 View Post
    I upgraded to 'Bentley' carpet. I did take one during the build (attached) but picture does not do a good job of showing a comparison. I have some extra carpet, if you cover shipping I will send you a sample piece.

email me at [email protected]

20200913_200049.jpg
    I am getting ready to install the FFR. What were dissatisfied with on their carpet? do you have the part number and source for the bentley carpet.
    Mk IV 9968 complete kit, 3 Link, PS, 15” Halibrand, Wilwood Brakes
    Blue Print 347, TKO600

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...358#post446358

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by txboiler View Post
    I am getting ready to install the FFR. What were dissatisfied with on their carpet? do you have the part number and source for the bentley carpet.

Nothing in particular. Its just a little nicer quality. I bought this:
    https://www.miamicorp.com/buy/produc...c750f3c1dda0c2
    Michael aka @my_cobra_build on Instagram
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Base MK IV Roadster with several options. Body is Lamborghini Grigio Lynx w/ Audi Vesuvius Gray stripes. 25th Anniversary FFR wheels. Seats and interior by Intatrim.
    Gen1 Coyote w/ Comp Cams & Cobrajet manifold. Tremec TKO 600 w/ a midshift kit. 2015 IRS w/ 3.73 Torsen diff. FFR Headers, Gas N Pipes, Power steering & power brakes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Early in my build experiences, I read the various comments about not being happy with the FFR carpet and builders describing the "improved" Bentley carpet. Bought enough from Miami Corp for my #7750 Mk4 Roadster build. When it arrived, I thought it was nice enough. But still preferred the FFR carpet for the cockpit. But did use the Bentley for the trunk. My experience is it has less body and is slightly harder to install. It's a softer yarn although relatively dense. Not sure how much you can tell, but the picture below is from the build with the Bentley in the trunk. FWIW, my experience with the FFR carpet is it works fine and looks OK. Just doesn't hold up to heavy wear maybe as much as some. If you use floor mats and ideally put a wear pad next to the accelerator, it stays looking fine for many years. I've used the stock FFR carpet on every build since and have been happy with it.

Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    FWIW, my experience with the FFR carpet is it works fine and looks OK. Just doesn't hold up to heavy wear maybe as much as some.
    Do you think "Scotchgard" would help any?
    Rob Windsor

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Windsor View Post
    Do you think "Scotchgard" would help any?
    I think I tried it once but didn't notice any difference.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also went with the Bentley. Really happy with it. ItDSCN2386.JPG has a rich , plush feel. Showing no real wear or fading after 12 years. It is heavier than the FFR carpet.
    FFR 5385 MKIII. 302, 3-Link. All legal in MA 1/7/2012.

Post Thanks / Like
    The Bentley carpeting looks and feels more plush to me. Happy I went with it.

CD52B218-D101-4642-A248-2953AC1DD1DB.jpeg
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    about how many yards does it take to do the roadster? including the trunk
    F5R #10227 - Forte's 363 EFI, IRS

Post Thanks / Like
    Bump because I have the same question

Quote Originally Posted by ChasNMe View Post
    about how many yards does it take to do the roadster? including the trunk

Post Thanks / Like
    For the trunk, I used 40 sq ft - includes enough for the drop trunk, cubby, and sidewalls. Still searching my records for the cockpit.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used 20oz Bassboat carpeting, seems to be holding up well. They have a variety of colors to choose, I went with gunmetal grey. I wanted to break up all the black.

https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...ss-boat-carpet

Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a really great idea. My project before this was actually a bass boat, not sure why I didn't think about that.

How many yards and at what width did you need to complete the project?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fman View Post
    I used 20oz Bassboat carpeting, seems to be holding up well. They have a variety of colors to choose, I went with gunmetal grey. I wanted to break up all the black.

https://www.bassboatseats.com/collec...ss-boat-carpet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VKannan View Post
    That's a really great idea. My project before this was actually a bass boat, not sure why I didn't think about that.

How many yards and at what width did you need to complete the project?

Thanks!
    I honestly cant recall how many yards I ended up using. I also did the trunk as well. If you get the dimensions they ship it and measure out the cockpit and trunk you should be able to come up with a close number, I added a couple yards just to make sure I had enough. Sorry I could not be more help...
    Build #9818 completed 04/2021 - Dart SBF 427, PF4 EFI, TKO600 Build thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...utton-head-mod
    Build review video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6IAbo2sFt4&t=1111s My finished car: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/atta...7&d=1638415131