BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Registering process in Wisconsin.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Registering process in Wisconsin.

We are in the process of moving to Wisconsin. I am currently in NC and I am about done with my car. I wanted to ask about the registering process in Wisconsin, and can I do it while the car is still in NC?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi 3D, WI is a great state for registering FFR cars. You have a few choices, but my best suggestion is to get a "Hobbyist" plate. It's a one time cost and no renewals. Color of the plate is forest green with yellow letters. Inspection is nominal with the VIN number being checked. If you don't have a VIN, they'll assign one and you mount the plate inside the driver's door.

Hope this helps and Welcome to WI,
    Tom Veale

Post Thanks / Like
    Wi was easy. Just go to DOT ask for a form fill out the form mail it in and in a week or so they assign a vin number and title. Shortly after that a county sheriff gets a hold of you just to confirm the numbers ffr assigns you for certificate of origin. We did our mk3 without it being completed they care less about emissions and all the lights just want your money for sales tax basically.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know this is an older post, but I thought I'd share my experience. I downloaded the forms (hobbyist application and title application) from the DOT website, filled them out, took pictures of all four sides of the car, and mailed the forms, pictures, and a check to the DOT. About a month later, I got my title and registration. A month after that, my plates. I did not have any inspection or any call from the sheriff. It could not have been easier. The hardest part is fitting the US sized license plate to the European sized location on the MK4.
    Build Blog
    #8203, carbed 427W (611 hp), TKO 600, IRS
    Delivered: May 27, 2014
    Mechanically "Complete": October 1, 2014

Post Thanks / Like
    This post may be too old to respond however I am interested in building a G TM and I'm worried about being able to register it for licensing in Wisconsin. I read a post from someone in Wisconsin who is trying to register his 818 and went to three different DMV's and was unable to get the car registered. Does anyone know if there are any issues with registering a G TM? Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

I hope she still works at the dmv, she was great and helped me out a ton. In my case it was a replica, so you will need to explain that it comes from factory five like the 65 kits, but this not the same.

E-mail if you need more help. Screenracer (at) gmail (dot) com

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to provide pics of all 4 sides , the interior, and engine compartment. Mine was previously registered in another state.
    I did it all by mail.
    Easy Peasy.

The Nut