Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: David's Mk4 Build Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will be following along to see how the a/c install goes. It gets hot here in Sacramento as you know. My buddies drive vettes and they all have a/c so I don't want to be left out in the HEAT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    I will be following along to see how the a/c install goes. It gets hot here in Sacramento as you know. My buddies drive vettes and they all have a/c so I don't want to be left out in the HEAT.
    Agreed 100%. Im near sac as well and it does get hot here... thats why I plan to install AC. I hope to get started on the bracketry fairly soon. Working on getting some models that should help making the brackets. I'll post as I know more.

David
    Mk4 Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?141-David-s-Mk4-Build-Thread

GTM Project Build site: http://www.gtmbuild.com

Few Cool GTM Parts: http://www.gtmbuild.com/parts.htm

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

Was watch some Top Gear today and they had a Pagani Zonda R on it, I happened to notice the suspension on it, and I thought of what your trying to do. I found a couple images on the net, I thought it was interesting that they are using two sections with the heim of the shock sandwhiched between the two halves of the pivot arm.

Rear Suspension

On the front though it is interesting as the pivot arm is mounted directly to the upper a-arm which eliminates the need for a shaft where the shock would have been but also removes two pivot points.

Not sure if you could do something similar as a retrofit to the a-arms on the MKIV but thought I would share.

_Scott
    MKIII #3835 IRS, Anderson Performance 408 Levy T-5 Trans, Team III Wheels
    Paint completed November 2010, passed NJ State Safety Inspection June 21st, Tagged and First Drive 7/1/2011

Post Thanks / Like
    David,

The 4.6L 3V is close in design to the Coyote. I've got A/C and P/S on the front of my 2010 Mustang engine and the only mod I had to do (so far) was cut the steering shaft and move the lower u-joint back to clear the P/S pulley. Is the front of the Coyote that different?

The problem I'm now trying figure out is how to fit the Ford Racing air filter/MAF assembly into the engine bay. It's too big and angles far left. I imagine finding some shorter pieces will work, but then does that mess up what the computer expects from the MAF?

John