Quote Originally Posted by Adrian1281 View Post
Spoke to Bryan at FF5, was told that although they have the Coyote motor there and actually have been selling it to customers, he has not heard of them making any changes to the frame or aluminum panels. I was told to order the 4.6 kit from them and the motor should fit fine. Which is obviously confirmed by David's build...

Only issue apparently are the headers will have to be modified or custom made I guess.
The areas that need to be worked through to put a 5.0 in the FFR Mk4

-Some sort of spacer for the stock 4.6 motor mounts.(this should be pretty easy to do) to raise the motor .5 inch.

-A shallow Sump Oil Pan.(should be at least 1.5 inch shallower) I spoke to Canton and this is in the works with them. (Not sure if Champ pan Richard sells is working on this as well)

-Until FFR makes a compatible header, Modify the stock 4.6 headers. This should be pretty easy to do. Either cutting the flange off and welding on a new 5.0 flange, or making an adapter plate. The spacing and fit of the 4.6 headers seems pretty good, so this isnt a big deal if you have some fab skills or are willing to sub it out. Should be pretty easy and not any where near as complex as makiing new headers.

-Steering shaft may need to be tweaked very slightly. Its pretty close but raising the motor .5 inch might do it. Otherwise adding another joint would do it I think.

-Overall, its a great fit.... as far as I can see at this time, its not very complicated to adapt and it will only get easier as these parts are created for the specifc application.

David