FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: N'Orange Bucket of Fun

Post Thanks / Like

N'Orange Bucket of Fun

So, believe it not (actually you'll have to believe it because there are pictures), we have made significant progress of our N'Orange #16 FFR. Here are some pictures to show some of our progress. On day 1 of our build this week we had a rolling chassis with a partial sheet metal job. We had acquired another Kirkey seat, which now makes a pair, and used vice grips to steer the car due to the absence of a hub.

As the car sits right now, the cockpit sheet metal is done, the engine and trans are in, the dash has been wired, fuel cell and pump mounted, battery mount installed, and many other vital components added. We are very happy with the progress thus far and our goal is to actually be at Huntington Beach with a car. Keeping our fingers crossed.

I will add more pictures as I upload them.

Last edited by vnmsss; 04-04-2011 at 12:10 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Looking good Check. I see Mark in the pics but is that Andy Salvaggio as well?

Henry

Post Thanks / Like
    Henry, thats 'West Coast Andy'!!!
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a note for those of you that may not know them Tracy (CheckerFFR) and Brandon are Karen and Andy 's Daughter and son-in law. I was out at Salvaggio ranch yesterday to drop off a new battery for the project and got sucked in to turning wrenches for a few hours. It was my pleasure Tracy and Brandon. And I really had a good time. I was supposed to be at work, so don't tell my boss. Frank
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like

Update (sorry for the delay)

Significant progress has been made on the N'Orange car thanks to Mark, Andy, Brandon, Frank, mom (Karen), and Evan (our 3 year-old), who got to do some wrenching too. It is amazing that a car that has been sitting at our house for almost 9 months is now about 80% done due to hard work and encouragement from the team of workers in 6 full days.

A big thanks to Mark for helping us to achieve as much as we did. Your expertise, patience, and humor is much appreciated and undeniably top notch. Thank you also for allowing Evan to offer his hand in the work too. He truly enjoyed every moment of working on the car. Without your help and motivation we would probably still be stuck at the sheet metal part. I know your favorite part was mounting the seats.

Another huge thanks to Frank for storing and delivering the battery for us to be able to fire the car up. I know we had to do some major arm twisting, but we really appreciate you helping out with the sheet metal and other odds and ends. I'm sure it was a tough day at the office. I also won't let anyone know that you actually enjoy doing sheet metal......oooooops......the secret's out.

It was a truly amazing experience to get to where I thought we were stuck and have such creative people be able to get us through it and keep moving forward. In all honesty, that wiring was enough to give me a complete headache just looking at it. Thanks to Mark, the car is all wired though and everything is working.

This project has been a family affair and we are so pleased with the progress and the idea that we might actually be able to trailer the car down and attend Huntington Beach. We are keeping our fingers crossed.

There are still jobs to be completed on the car, but we are getting them done. I will keep updating as we move along.

Post Thanks / Like
    More pics......

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    This is awesome! I just came onto this post. So great to see the car getting together. Great family project.

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, much progress and a family project! I see that Mark D. is getting in on the fun, also. Way to go ... you'll be on the road soon, but do trade the vise grip for a real steering wheel! LOL!

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***