BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: iWire Turn Key 818 Harness for R and S Models

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ben1272 View Post
    Brian, I am looking forward to installing the harness now......quite different from how I felt about trying to do a nice job installing the factory harness! It is like a pressure has been lifted from my shoulders (and I am an electrical engineer!)

The new enclosure looks awesome and really finishes off your product. I like how you seem to be constantly trying to improve and refine what your offer. Cant wait!
    Thanks for the compliment Ben, especially coming from an EE! Can't wait until you can get it in your hands.
    When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    iWire Subaru Wiring Services
    Over 100 Custom 818 Wiring Harnesses Built
    http://www.iwireservices.com/factory...18-wiring-kits
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    ECU boxes fully stocked!

When we say to our customers "if there is anything you need, please ask," we mean it.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice!

Any update on the headlight harness retro for updated front ends?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metros View Post
    Nice!

Any update on the headlight harness retro for updated front ends?
    Yes. We have gotten it sorted out for the modular harness so we now what needs to be done. There are extra front harnesses here and we are looking for the headlight side of the plugs so we can get to as close to plug and play as possible for you. Would you be willing to chop the headlight side of the headlight harness off and send it to us if we can't find what we need? That way we can build onto that end and you can plug it into the pre-existing bulkhead harness?
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd be happy to send whatever you needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by metros View Post
    I'd be happy to send whatever you needed.
    Shoot me an email and we can talk about the parts we'll need in order to build one up for you.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Most recent first time fire up from Mike Q #063

https://goo.gl/photos/xsQ4Y4EyjgujYPqA7
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Did you hear how long to install the harness?

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice! Did you hear how long to install the harness?
    From Mike Q, "I had it ready to go in 4 hours. It will need more work when the body goes in but it was super easy. "
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Weight is a direct reflection of how many options are chosen. This one going to be a bit hefty. haha

The boxes are moved off the table to accommodate is AC system. They will end up on the battery side of the firewall instead of inside the cabin.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iWire View Post
    Weight is a direct reflection of how many options are chosen. This one going to be a bit hefty. haha

The boxes are moved off the table to accommodate is AC system. They will end up on the battery side of the firewall instead of inside the cabin.

Hey, that is mine isn't it? ��

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjones121 View Post
    Hey, that is mine isn't it? ��
    That it is and it's quite the monster!
    Last edited by iWire; 07-29-2016 at 06:37 PM.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    That it is and it's quite the monster!
    Haha, still should be much less than the factory one and much more clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haha, still should be much less than the factory one and much more clean.
    Without a doubt.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian, interesting idea, though looking at my iWire harness (also with 3 fuse blocks) swapping it to the battery side of the front firewall looks like it will be very tricky to access, especially once windshield and frame is in place, no? Is there no enough room under dash for both the fuses and A/C-heater gear? I guess I am going to find out as I have been planning to add A/C and heat at some point! I hope I can fit it! :O

-Ben

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian, interesting idea, though looking at my iWire harness (also with 3 fuse blocks) swapping it to the battery side of the front firewall looks like it will be very tricky to access, especially once windshield and frame is in place, no? Is there no enough room under dash for both the fuses and A/C-heater gear? I guess I am going to find out as I have been planning to add A/C and heat at some point! I hope I can fit it! :O

-Ben
    You're definitely right Ben, it is a bit tougher to access, but it's also tough to get both in the cabin although I think it's possible. The boxes will end up about halfway down the firewall when put onto the battery side to accommodate the windshield and cowl.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

-Ben
    There wasn't room in my setup. The little space that there is between the vintage air system and the front firewall inside, I am hoping to mount my mini stereo amp.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it will be to difficult to access in front. I am hoping I don't need to access it much anyways.

Post Thanks / Like
    By nature of your build. Which is the same as mine. Only difference for you is you have DBW and I don't. It's going to be a bit tuff when you get the cowl and body in place. It's doable but not easy like a normal car. But at the same time this car is so low and tight it's not terrible in my opinion. It's easier because you don't have to contort your body to get into the passenger side to get to fuses. This is the 3rd outside reversed harness we have done. I had the 1st 2. I also added some tips to help you install yours easier than me. You will have to cut a second hole in the firewall and loop the front harness section back out where the battery hole and shifter cables go.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    By nature of your build. Which is the same as mine. Only difference for you is you have DBW and I don't. It's going to be a bit tuff when you get the cowl and body in place. It's doable but not easy like a normal car. But at the same time this car is so low and tight it's not terrible in my opinion. It's easier because you don't have to contort your body to get into the passenger side to get to fuses. This is the 3rd outside reversed harness we have done. I had the 1st 2. I also added some tips to help you install yours easier than me. You will have to cut a second hole in the firewall and loop the front harness section back out where the battery hole and shifter cables go.
    Nice, I will have to check out your guide and tips. I am not too worried about another hole in front firewall. I will probably weld the current one shut if needed. I am thinking about doing a floating center console. With mechies shifter linkage, I have more cable slack. I might tilt shifter back slightly and run cables up the back of the floating center console.

Also, technically, the front aluminum pieces aren't even a true firewall, I just need to seal it for water.

Post Thanks / Like
    Getting excited!!

Post Thanks / Like
    So one of the only issues I have run into is that the service plugs (2 green plugs) need to be made longer as I have to take my dash off every time I want to flash the ECU
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FFRSpec72 View Post
    So one of the only issues I have run into is that the service plugs (2 green plugs) need to be made longer as I have to take my dash off every time I want to flash the ECU
    That sounds easy to fix later?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just run them to a switch so that you can just flip it from the dash at anytime. We've done this for a few cars.

Oh and just finished our most complex build to date. It was a fun one!

https://www.facebook.com/iWireWiring...09780789052181

Last edited by iWire; 08-12-2016 at 03:51 PM.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    I would just run them to a switch so that you can just flip it from the dash at anytime. We've done this for a few cars.

Oh and just finished our most complex build to date. It was a fun one!

https://www.facebook.com/iWireWiring...09780789052181

Awesome! Can't wait.

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony, that is interesting as I don't have a problem with service plugs being short. Wonder if it could be the way the harness is routed? I made a mount for the OBD plug mounted on the right side of console and the service plugs tied off right next to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian, for an 02 wrx harness, would I just put a switch between B125 and B126 and permanently close the connection at B250?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    Tony, that is interesting as I don't have a problem with service plugs being short. Wonder if it could be the way the harness is routed? I made a mount for the OBD plug mounted on the right side of console and the service plugs tied off right next to it.
    His was the first one we built after the original prototype so the plugs may be tucked behind a bit, but it's just a matter of extending them to where he'd like them. I can send you a pre-built jumper if you'd like Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by STiPWRD View Post
    Brian, for an 02 wrx harness, would I just put a switch between B125 and B126 and permanently close the connection at B250?
    Yep, you can definitely do that.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    His was the first one we built after the original prototype so the plugs may be tucked behind a bit, but it's just a matter of extending them to where he'd like them. I can send you a pre-built jumper if you'd like Tony.

Yep, you can definitely do that.
    Brian if you could do that it would be awesome !!!! as that would save me from screwing something up !!! Let me know what I owe you. As always you have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian if you could do that it would be awesome !!!! as that would save me from screwing something up !!! Let me know what I owe you. As always you have GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE !
    Haha, you got it. Just shoot me an email with how long you need the leads to be.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    Where are your tips? I cannot find.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where are your tips? I cannot find.
    He just got married last week and is on his honeymoon. I'll make sure to get his notes when he gets back and send them off.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a little tweak of the fusechart, but we like the upgrade.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.iwireservices.com/product...7-dd36cc749d0f

Show your iWire love and grab up a shirt! If you are an iWire customer shoot me a message for discount coupon.

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    iWire Mounting Kits Available for purchase on our store. Even if you don't have an iWire harness, this is a must have to secure it to the car.

http://www.iwireservices.com/product...8-01506ac306ca

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_7504.JPG

These awesome acrylic adhesive mounted aluminum tabs on my tunnel holding down iWire harness. Only the first 2 of many I will be putting in place! They work very nice and look great in my opinion. I may or may not add the protective/grippy rubber under the cable tie (it is included in the kit).

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_7504.JPG

These awesome acrylic adhesive mounted aluminum tabs on my tunnel holding down iWire harness. Only the first 2 of many I will be putting in place! They work very nice and look great in my opinion. I may or may not add the protective/grippy rubber under the cable tie (it is included in the kit).
    Looking great Ben! I would suggest putting the rubber tape on there too since it will really hold things tight.
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.iwireservices.com/iwire-swap-map

With over 700 builds to date we thought it would be cool to create a customer map. The Blue tags are for the 818s, so check it out and see if you had an 818 buddy that you didn't know you had!

[email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    So can you give me 4.3 million dollars ?
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    In for Millions (I'd settle for enough for a CNC and shop to put it in though).

I was on your site today (looking for a logo for a project, ) and saw the map. Pretty cool!
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast