Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Accelerator pedal mount

Post Thanks / Like

Accelerator pedal mount

I am at the point were I am trying to install my Accelerator pedal. I am using a 2002 WRX pedal. I read a few peoepl say the mount is flimsy. I have been looking at how its mounting and it does not seem that flimsy to me could anyone expand on the flimsy statement? Seems like so long as you mount onto the frame up top and the front aluminum wall on the bottom that it should hold fine? I haven't made a hole yet I rather ask first.
    Last edited by redfogo; 12-30-2015 at 01:57 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    There was "some" flex in the bracket. For me it was mainly the position and range of motion that I didn't like.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...l=1#post186146
    818S Chassis #288 2.5L 323hp
    Ordered: 9/19/14 Received Kit: 11/2/14 First Start: 5/31/15 First Drive: 6/7/15 Registered: 3/10/2016 Completed: 2/10/2017
    joshuajach.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I pretty much agree with TouchStone - I didn't think the accelerator pedal was flimsy per se but the gas pedal definitely hits the top bar on the pedal box and limits the full range of the pedal. I've measured TPS and can only reach about 82% before the accelerator pedal hits. This is actually on my to-do list of items to fix, I'll try to replicate what TouchStone did.

Moonlight Performance
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure if this helps, but many of the complaints about the gas pedal mount being flimsy were coming from people with a drive-by-wire pedal setup. The FFR included bracket has a lot of flex to it and puts the pedal at what I feel is a less than ideal angle.