Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging Interest: AJW Performance Custom Exhaust for the 818

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
    Awesome guys, thanks for the input! We're working this now!
    Any status report for the R version as discussed in posts # 26, 28, 29 above?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Anything yet?

Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely interested in a 3" center exit, like the one in the video

Post Thanks / Like
    Still working on this guys, I know everyone wants them now, however it takes a little bit of time to develop a system like this. Hopefully we will have more updates by the end of the week.

Post Thanks / Like
    Photos? Please...

Post Thanks / Like
    I will need to modify for a varex muffler to not piss nighbors off. Do you think there would be room?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bbjones121 View Post
    I will need to modify for a varex muffler to not piss nighbors off.
    That depends on your neighbors... I'm building at a friend's place with a big garage. He has one close neighbor, but he'a a car guy too and always has a project going on. A little while ago, Ray came over in his blue Roadster to help me with brake lines, when they heard the V8 rumbling through the side-pipes, they rushed out: "did you fire it up, that sounds awesome!"

Anyway, to get back on topic... my street is likely not so accommodating, I've never seen so many Prii in one place! I'll also want a muffler, but there is one Harley with straight pipes on the block, so if he can get away with it...

Do you think there would be room?
    The Varex looks interesting, but they're mostly 15" long. I think it would fit, right along side the tranny, depending on the angle of the downpipe.

Post Thanks / Like
    We will have photos and more info this week! We're working on the mock up right now and finalizing details before we begin production.

Post Thanks / Like
    Still plugging away!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello everyone, I know that it has been a little bit later than expected but here is our first in house test version of the exhaust for the 818. This exhaust will still be modular however it will not have multiple sections as originally stated. This test version DOES NOT HAVE THE TWO BUNGS for 02 sensors yet. One bung will be for OEM and the other for a wideband etc. The end of the exhaust past the mount will be able to be cut and individuals will be able to utilize slip joints and attach a muffler, cat, or exhaust tips. (We will offer these options) This will also be useful as the exhaust will be different for each 818 since every 818 is a little unique. The use of slip joints will allow you to be able to customize your exhaust to your needs with add-ons in minutes; without any welding!

Post Thanks / Like
    Now that's an elegant solution. I can visualize that with a custom tip.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good. I think some dual tips would be nice. Where does this come out in body?

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good, I like the customizable options. With that being said, is this thing going to be cheaper as depicted than originally mentioned in this thread? I'm assuming by adding a muffler/cat/etc that it will drive the price up to the original estimate.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are some photos with the Bung completed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm... judging by it's position above the tranny, it looks like it will exit through the rear fiberglass and interfere with the normal license plate location:

I do like the look of the center high mount Pagani exhaust, and a nice tip there would be sweet. However, I'm building a street car so need to mount a plate. I've powder coated and etched a logo into my tranny plate, so I want that to be visible through the mesh. Which means that if I go with this exhaust, I'd have to mount the license plate off center somewhere, unless raising it a bit would work. Don't know how either would look... thoughts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Hmmm... judging by it's position above the tranny, it looks like it will exit through the rear fiberglass and interfere with the normal license plate location:

I do like the look of the center high mount Pagani exhaust, and a nice tip there would be sweet. However, I'm building a street car so need to mount a plate. I've powder coated and etched a logo into my tranny plate, so I want that to be visible through the mesh. Which means that if I go with this exhaust, I'd have to mount the license plate off center somewhere, unless raising it a bit would work. Don't know how either would look... thoughts?
    Yes this exhaust will come out where the license plate would go, we think this will be aggressive and look great. For most people we will be placing the license plate on the mesh section.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Yes this exhaust will come out where the license plate would go, we think this will be aggressive and look great. For most people we will be placing the license plate on the mesh section.
    Gotcha... I think the exhaust will look good there, but I don't want my plate over the mesh after going to the trouble of laser etching my tranny plate! Need to think about how to make it work.

Will you be offering a template and/or bezel for the hole in the rear fiberglass?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was eagerly waiting to see what you guys would come up with. Unfortunately that exit location doesn't interest me at all.

Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    Split it around license plate with dual tips and show picture. That will get people excited.

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the idea. It needs more than 1 tip. Even if both tips are side by side and touching it will look nice. It'd be perfect for shooting flames too.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports
    Check out my new website!
    www.zerodecibelmotorsports.com
    www.facebook.com/zero.decibel.motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wleehendrick View Post
    Gotcha... I think the exhaust will look good there, but I don't want my plate over the mesh after going to the trouble of laser etching my tranny plate! Need to think about how to make it work.

Will you be offering a template and/or bezel for the hole in the rear fiberglass?
    The beauty with this is that it's a bellmouth downpipe exhaust that wont cause rubbing issues. The beauty of this is that if you wanted to relocate the exhaust you could. If you want it out the sides or below the mesh you can create that. Think of our exhaust as a building block for your final solution.

Post Thanks / Like
    What size is it? 4inch? And when can I buy it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The beauty with this is that it's a bellmouth downpipe exhaust that wont cause rubbing issues. The beauty of this is that if you wanted to relocate the exhaust you could. If you want it out the sides or below the mesh you can create that. Think of our exhaust as a building block for your final solution.
    Good point; it'd be pretty easy for a local shop to weld up a different tail section. That makes it more attractive to me, since I would likely want to change the exit. So.... when and how much?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg View Post
    What size is it? 4inch? And when can I buy it?
    3 inch Bellmouth sir,

This should be available within the next 2 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm very interested. These will be offered in stainless, correct?

Post Thanks / Like
    FYI- It might interfere if you have the K tuned shifter, Wayne's bracket, and Rori's shift arm.
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    That looks awesome!
    Nolan
    65 coupe Gen 3 "Phoenix" build
    http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...032#post297032

818 s (with r windscreen ) 350 rwhp. Registered and street legal (SOLD)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nkw8181 View Post
    That looks awesome!
    Thanks, we're excited!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any way to route the exhaust down and over for twin setup like this?
    818 Rear A.JPG VMANS rear design.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any way to route the exhaust down and over for twin setup like this?
    818 Rear A.JPG VMANS rear design.
    The end customer would be able to accomplish that. As we stated earlier that's whats nice about this system.

Post Thanks / Like
    The catback on my Subaru used a split flared section with a clamp. The forward piece was like the AJW piece, a straight section of pipe. The rear was flared slighlty with a slit on two opposing sides. Slip it together and clamp it. That would be a super easy way to customize AJW's piece without adding welded on flanges. Worst case you cut off a few inches of the AJW piece to make room. Best case, someone else (or you) makes the new section and just clamps it together.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechie3 View Post
    The catback on my Subaru used a split flared section with a clamp. The forward piece was like the AJW piece, a straight section of pipe. The rear was flared slighlty with a slit on two opposing sides. Slip it together and clamp it. That would be a super easy way to customize AJW's piece without adding welded on flanges. Worst case you cut off a few inches of the AJW piece to make room. Best case, someone else (or you) makes the new section and just clamps it together.
    This is what we were going for, this allows for the best customization for the end user since all 818's will probably be a little bit different.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can you offer customers just a bellmouth dp flange so the end user can do a custom exhaust? Would really be interested in this if possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by 07FIREBLADE View Post
    Can you offer customers just a bellmouth dp flange so the end user can do a custom exhaust? Would really be interested in this if possible.
    An end user would be able to cut the DP/Exhaust wherever they pleased, so yes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he wants just the flange, possibly the flange and funnel portion before you weld on the round pipe. That way he isn't buying the whole thing to cut off and toss 80% of it.
    Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he wants just the flange, possibly the flange and funnel portion before you weld on the round pipe. That way he isn't buying the whole thing to cut off and toss 80% of it.
    Ah, this would most likely be a custom order. We are developing them without flanges so that people can attach items with slip joints rather than JUST being limited to flanged options.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ya mechie hit right in the nail. Why buy a whole system to just get a bellmouth flange and funnel portion. If I wanted to hack a brand new system up then I would buy a cheap ebay dp. Waste of money and material.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the part he wants. You already make this, but then weld your pipe to it. If you sold just that, he can make his pipe drop down anyway he wants instead of having it go over the trans and then doing whatever.

Zero Decibel Motorsports

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the part he wants. You already make this, but then weld your pipe to it. If you sold just that, he can make his pipe drop down anyway he wants instead of having it go over the trans and then doing whatever.

That's not something we will be offering (right now). We're trying to make a full turn key system, we will probably offer the base system alone which as you know would be a longer more molded version of what you posted. In the future if the demand for something like that is required then we may be able to make one, but right now we're trying to get a full system with tips/muffler/cat etc to be sold and not just a section of exhaust.

Post Thanks / Like
    Lame that's unfortunate right now. No it's time to examine my options. Hope to see what the finished product results in.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast