BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: CT: Registering 818 built from salvaged WRX?

Post Thanks / Like

CT: Registering 818 built from salvaged WRX?

CT addresses the requirements for getting a salvage car back on the road: http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&q=244912
    And the requirements of a kit car: http://www.ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=804&q=244898

But not the intersection of the two.

Anyone have advice?

My assumption is that it's all good, and there won't be (much?) additional paperwork if any associated.
    Last edited by xxguitarist; 05-06-2014 at 08:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in CT and have talked with 3 guys who have Roadsters. The one item they all recommended in the build to pass inspection is no more than 18" between clips on brake lines. 2 out of 3 got caught on that one.

I'll show up in Wethersfield on a trailer, having paid taxes on major components and after re reading all the regs for the third time. I'll take both the title to the 03 WRX I have as a donor and the Cert of Origin, data plate FFR gives you and bills of sale for both. I'll let them decide how they want to title it. I'm shooting for reg next spring, I'll keep you posted.

Try email to Carl at [email protected] and he could help with specific other stuff.

He's very active at the other Cobra boards, I had a chance to meet him and see both his car and shop. Good guy, tell him I sent you.

Christian
    " That which is rightly done, however humble, is noble." Sir Henry Royce

SN 46 In the building 10/4/13.
    Go Cart 10/20/16
    Coupe Conversion
    EJ205 Wagon donor

Post Thanks / Like
    Christian,
    Thanks for the info!

We wound up with a clear title donor, so my initial question became less relevant, but very appreciative of the brake line tip & the contact for Carl.

Do you have a link to the regs? I've only seen as much as I linked to above.

Andrew