The engine is out to the machine shop for boring to 99.75mm with a torque plate for accurate shape. We media blasted the engine case halves before sending them off to the machine shop, so they're.. well, a whole lot cleaner than they were. We didn't have a ton of time, so they're not perfect. Good enough, though! Plus saved a bit of $.

Before:
photo%u00252B2%u00252B(4).JPG
After:
photo%u00252B3%u00252B(2).JPG

Today and tomorrow we'll give the transmission the same treatment. Now we will be able to button it up & set it aside with new axle & shaft seals.

We've also started in on the wiring harness.
First out was all of the airbag/SRS system, followed by most of the ABS, radio, AC, etc. Lots of wires left, but we've gotten a good chunk of them out of the way. It started out at 48 pounds. Fourty-eight. We'll see how much we can trim off.
photo%u00252B1%u00252B(3).JPG
Here's what we've deleted after about 2-3 hours of work.
wiring harness2.jpg

So far, we've spent 52 hours disassembling until the shell was out of the garage, and an additional 66 hours on the parts clean-up and prep, for a total of 118 hours spent so far. Keep in mind there are two of us, although I'd only count myself as 25% or so of a second person, since I went into this process barely even knowing how to change the oil in my car. Andrew (XXguitarist) has never done anything like this before either, although he is an engineer, which helps.

We are up to over $4900 in parts sales.