Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Boyd tank questions

Post Thanks / Like

Boyd tank questions

I know the Boyd tank comes with a fuel pump but it has some other options like a sender and rollover valve. Will the Subaru parts work/fit (sender and vent valve). Also does the fill tube still fit the same or does it need to be modified? Will you still use the fuel pump controller on the Boyd pump?
    Last edited by Quiny; 05-21-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Not sure if Subaru parts will work, i opted in for the Boyd sender and rollover valve. Sender needs to be flipped or else gauge works in reverse. Its nice i always appear to have a full tank.
    I had to cut the fill tube into 2 different parts

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Subaru parts do not fit. You only use the fuel pump for the FFR tank anyway. The sender and pickup are ffr parts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you mean the sender and pickup are Boyd parts? I bought my Boyd tank with the sender, pickup (pump) and rollover valve.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I confused folks. The Boyd tank uses Boyd sender, valve and pickup. I meant to say that even the FFR tank that comes with the kit only uses the stock subie pump. from the donor. I hope this makes better sense to all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Okay, add me to the more confused now than before list. Why are the sender and rollover valve optional on the Boyd tank if you need them and can't use either the ff or Subaru parts?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by billjr212 View Post
    Okay, add me to the more confused now than before list. Why are the sender and rollover valve optional on the Boyd tank if you need them and can't use either the ff or Subaru parts?
    That a question to ask Mr. Boyd. It never made sense to me either. I guess he leaves it up to the customer what he wants. If you look at the Boyd tank in the threads guys used them you can see the difference in the sender/ valve/pickup from the ffr or subie tank.