Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Wiring Question

Post Thanks / Like

Wiring Question

I know the two wiring harnesses that come with the FFR gauges come close to making it idiot proof, but how do you neaten up the rats nest when you have predetermined distances between the plugs that dont give a lot of play? ??p06052014.jpg20140605_212725.jpg

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I ran the gauge's light and ground like a daisy chain so I only hooked one wire to the main harness. One thing that can help in the long run is to make sure wires don't cross unless necessary. So when gathering the final gangs of wires you can better arrange them for wire tying and looming. Mine was still not as wonderful as I imagined but very much better than the spaghetti pile in the beginning. I also had the computer harness which was a hassle for me since I had never done a computer before this project. I also did not shorten all the wires to the minimal length since I planned to redo my dash gauge arrangement later. Then there were the coils of extra wires I didn't want to delete such as heater/ac, radio, wipers, etc..... When I redo the gauges to the more competition style, I will probably clean it up even more. Good luck on your project.

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    I suppose the other answer would have been to clean it up before wiring it live (even temporarily) so the next time the dash comes off thats on the list. Its not to bad with the molex plugs on the gauges and switches.. but that heater/def control is a pain. Thanks to NJ DMV for requiring that.....