BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Side by side comparison photos, CSX-2260 and FFR 289 FIA

Post Thanks / Like

Side by side comparison photos, CSX-2260 and FFR 289 FIA

Side by Side comparison of the original CSX-2260 which is the one Dave Smith of Factory Five Racing cloned to build the new FFR 289 Roadster. You can see it's an incredibly correct execution, not 100% but damn close!
    Side by side comparison, CSX-2260 on the left and FFR FIA on the right in all photos.

I think that you'll agree that this is an extremely nice offering for the 289 FIA market!
    Don
    FFR-4000, CHP 408ci./600hp, Wayne's Stack F.I. & Tec-3, T-600, IRS, Smith gauges, 17" Pin-Drive wheels, Whitby's rag top & paint by Ken Pike (SRP).

2. Likes edtbjon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, it's not quite 100%-- the FFR has a stiffer chassis and better suspension (no transverse leaf springs!)
    FFR Mk II 4437
    Finally on the road, 8/12! SVO Crate 302, IRS, EEC IV

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    That's a very nice pictorial of the two cars. I noticed the front fender flare on the original that was not carried over to the clone. I'm sure there was a good reason for that. If you were looking at the FFR version you would have to look for the differences. I think the nose hole is smaller on the original FIA and the sheet metal under it. I've seen some variations from the many pictures of the racing cars. They weren't all exactly alike (lot of bolt on components were different). FFR certainly captures the essence of the race car, though.

Thank you,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Overall I think it is a pretty faithful representation of the original. I have to think that most folks interested in the 289 would be quite happy with this offering.

It is certainly a beautiful car, and I am looking forward to seeing how folks finish theirs. I know there will be some folks keeping as close to the original as possible, and others will take a more liberal approach to theirs. But I think one thing will remain constant; they will be awesome cars! I wish I could build this one too.

Another fine model from Factory Five!

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wis89 View Post
    i know there will be some folks keeping as close to the original as possible...
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Ironically, if you want your footboxes to match the original, they have to be fiberglass

Post Thanks / Like
    Like mine!

Post Thanks / Like
    does any 1 know if 289 fia body will fit a competition chassis

Post Thanks / Like
    yes it will
    on a MK4
    but the FIA uses a narrow width suspension.
    The traveling Builder
    717-773-5624