Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: best approach to accelerator pedal mounting

Post Thanks / Like

best approach to accelerator pedal mounting

This thread is about accelerator pedal mounting - but first some background info.

I made the decision to go with a Wilwood pedal box assembly rather than the stock one. (by the way, as a result, I have a like-new stock pedal box and MCs if anyone needs it). As has been discussed at length elsewhere, FFR began welding in mounting tabs that allow the mounting of adapter plates allowing either stock or Wilwood pedal boxes to be used (Different mounting plates for each of those choices).

Since my chassis is #114 and precedes this feature, I got the weld-in tabs and mounting plate, etc. for a Wilwood 'box from FFR. I'll have to remove the powder coating and the stock pedal box mounting plates to weld-in the new tabs.

Because I am doing the above, It makes sense to fabricate an accelerator pedal mount which is adjustable to accommodate, among other things, heel-and-toe. Has anyone done this or is anyone thinking about doing this? If not, I will launch into fabricating a mount for the pedal which has some mechanism for adjustability.

I would post pics, but must admit that I don't know how. Can someone direct me to step-by-step directions for doing so, please?

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    No?...... well, Im pushing ahead. The Subaru DBC accelerator pedal is way off with respect to the Wilwood pedals.

I can post pictures showing how the new materials go in, the pedals, etc., etc. but I can't find how to do s.

Would greatly appreciate someone just pointing me to where the directions are for posting pictures.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm on my phone so this wont be thorough. To attach an image, hit Go Advanced below the reply composition box, then scroll down to the "manage attachments" button. The attachments window has an Upload button in the top right that prompts you to select photos on your computer. Select 1 or more images and then select Done from the bottom right.

Hope that helps, let me know if there's a sticking point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Evan; I'm sure that will get me where I need to go.

Bill