BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FFR kit #8341 is beginning this week!

Post Thanks / Like

FFR kit #8341 is beginning this week!

Hey everyone, just wanted to check in here and post up my kit as it progresses. So excited to be in the community, and hopefully big things to come with my shop. As some of you might know me from the Huntington Beach show, I was the gentleman with Cystic Fibrosis and was raising funds for a lung transplant. That went outstanding, and God has blessed my health tremendously. I opened a performance shop shortly after returning, and life has been fun again! I went to school to be a mechanic and had to leave the hobby/field for a couple years prior to my surgery. I am now back at it, and doing what I love!

Anyway, on to the kit. Here are some details...

MKIV Base Kit
    4 Link Rear w/Rebuilt Traction Lok
    T5 Trans
    Ford Racing 306 Crate Carb'ed
    13" Cobra (03-04 Mustang Cobra) Front Brakes & Upgraded 11" Rear
    Manual Rack
    275/45 Front 315/30 Drag Radials Rear

Looking to implement a couple unique ideas in the car, and you will see those as I progress.

Hope you enjoy following along as much as I will to build it! Thank You Dave Smith, Sally, and Mad Dog for your help and support all these years out at Huntington! Love to you all!
    MKIV #8341 Grabber Blue with Satin Black Trim - 302 w/AFR 165's, Custom Ed Curtis Cam, Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley 750 DP, TKO 500, 3.27 8.8 - Car made 320rwhp w/250 miles on the clock.

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations on your new lease on life! That's pretty amazing. I hope you enjoy your second go'round as much as your first (hot rodding). You'll have to touch base with some of the area roadster guys. It's a pretty big group. We are in the east valley but I'm sure we will meet at an event sooner or later. Good luck on the build,

WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks WEK, You all are welcome to meet at my shop in Peoria. Its a bit of a drive, but would be fun to have everyone out.
    MKIV #8341 Grabber Blue with Satin Black Trim - 302 w/AFR 165's, Custom Ed Curtis Cam, Edelbrock Air Gap, Holley 750 DP, TKO 500, 3.27 8.8 - Car made 320rwhp w/250 miles on the clock.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your new journey has begun! I was privileged to donate to your cause two years ago and then to talk to you this past HB show. Keep us posted on the build progress.
    Doug

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Doug! I am so excited for my new lease on life.

So, an update on the build. Got the front two F Panel aluminum on, front suspension is attached, steering rack is on, and fuel tank is installed. You all can follow along with my "almost" daily updates on my Instagram under ModernMotorworks. More updates to come!

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations Ronnie on the new breath and the build. I look forward to follow your build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Update from these last two weeks....

As far as what has been installed, here we go...

Front "F" panels
    Front Coilovers with optional Factory 5 lower control arms
    Optional Flaming River manual steering rack
    Steering shafts
    Cockpit aluminum in the footboxes, floor, and rear wall behind seats
    Wiring harness laid out on chassis
    Master Cylinder
    Pedal Box with modified pedals
    Front brakes off 01 GT
    Rear 8.8 solid axle with stock 3.27's and optional Factory 5 11.65" Rear Disc
    Fuel Tank

I think thats about it folks....getting another build day with some car club guys this Saturday, more updates to come!

Post Thanks / Like
    So where are the pics?

Post Thanks / Like
    Pics coming this week!

Post Thanks / Like
    Shop has been swamped, sorry for the delayed pics. Please follow on Instagram @ ModernMotorworks. Also, check out our newly built site @ www.modernmotorworks.com Car is going to paint next week, then coming back to get assembled to completion.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFDelivery.jpg

This has been a long wait for pictures, and I finally can update this thread with some news. Here is the pic of the car being delivered to the shop last July.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFReady.jpg

Here is the car ready for disassembly and reassembly. Was such an exciting moment seeing the car sitting there. So many years of dreams and aspirations coming to life.

Post Thanks / Like
    FFPanels.jpg

Here is the picture of the car with the panels off ready for work!

Post Thanks / Like
    Little more info on some changes. Decided against the Ford Racing crate engine. Wanted a little more than the 320-340hp they were quoting. Decided to build my own 302 with AFR 165's, Custom Ed Curtis FTI Cam, Edelbrock Air Gap and Holley 750DP Carb. Hoping to make that 320-340 at the tires. Time will tell. Fuel line is in and brake lines are going on this week. Hoping to get the cooling system installed as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on the engine, and the car as well.
    Mk 4 roadster #8495 delivered on 12-23-2014. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...r-Build-Thread Carbureted 4.6 SOHC, C-4 auto with manual valve body. Fox width rear with 2.73 gear. First start video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8ie...ature=youtu.be