Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
Hindsight: Interested in the coolant temps you quoted. 125 - 135 seems like an odd number to me. Is that +ambient? Or something else? I typically saw 190-195F when it was around 100F and I was driving probably 6/10. I had way too much oil cooling and could only get the oil to about 210. I am headed to the track on the 6th, now with a single oil cooler, so will be interested to see what happens.
Sorry Rob, brain-fade. Was out in the sun too long yesterday! Coolant temps hit 235, not 135. My oil temps hit 250. Oil and coolant temps probably would have gone even higher had I not backed out of it each time it got up there. If you watch the video, you can see the needle on the coolant temp gauge getting near the top. I was monitoring the actual number on the access port.

I really need to add ducting for the radiator. I think that will control both the oil temps and the coolant temps. I've just dreaded the ducting project because it's not straight forward on the 818. There are many obstructions in front of the radiator. It's especially annoying the way the portion of the bumper that supports the headlights juts inward into the radiator area. I think I'm going to actually cut that down quite a lot and reinforce it with some aluminum to make up for the loss of material. Also need to seal off the area to the headlights there where the little support bracket is. If I'm going to take the time to add ducting, it's going to be air tight.

Wayne told me yesterday that he added a huge radiator to the 818R test mule. Said it was bigger in width and height; apparently he had cooling issues at VIR. I'm hoping I don't have to go that far. He's also running a LOT more power than I am.