Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Western Canada Cobras E-book Spend $50.00 save $200.00!

Post Thanks / Like

Western Canada Cobras E-book Spend $50.00 save $200.00!

Western Canada Cobras have been in business importing FFR kits into Canada for 17 years. In that time we have imported more than 500 cars! For which, thank you, to all of our customers over the years.

In as much as my wife and I have both retired from our day jobs we have for many months now been puzzling over how to simplify our business such that we can spend our winters in our South Texas Winter residence.

After considering numerous options we settled on the concept of empowering interested Canadians with all of the information, contacts, policies, procedures, E-mail templates and background (Not just the how, but also the why's) required to do your own importation.

This info is now available in the form of an E-book that can be purchased on our web site at www.westerncanadacobras.com/e-book
    the cost is $50.00

The book includes a $100.00US voucher which you can submit to FFR when you order a kit! It also includes a $100Cdn Voucher that can be used with our recommended freight carrier. On top of that since you will be dealing direct with our suppliers you will save additional dollars by virtue of eliminating the middle man - that would be me )

In addition, for e-book purchasers, we will remain available via our toll free number at 1 866 853-5835 for assistance with any part of the entire process from initially configuring your kit to driving off into the sunset with your completed car and a smile that will require surgical removal - and every step of the process in between.

The Western Canada Web Site will remain up and to the best of our abilities - current, and we will continue to sell our really excellent Canadian made Drivelines.

Again, Thank you to all of our many customers over the years and we look forward to helping many more in the coming years!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know Al posted this a long while back, but curious if anyone has heard anything more recent about him? Both his web sites are no longer in existence, and I'm not sure if he even sells this e-book any longer.
    Did he arrange with another Cnd company to take over the ordering/importing process, like he used to do.

Who does FFR recommend nowadays? It mentions a Cnd representative on their web site, but no name or contact info.
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Bill

I think the person you are looking for is Ryan Valin (Valin's Custom Cars). I met him at the Factory Five booth at SEMA and his contact information is listed on the FFR website under any of the Canadian kits listed under "Configure your kit" - near the bottom of the options page. He did give me one of his cards, but I can't find it at the moment. I know he has been supplying completion kits and parts, but I am not sure if he is offering the kit importing service as Al did. He was hoping to have a website up and running sometime in Jan-Feb. I haven't seen anything yet, but I know he wanted to get it right and not rush it. He is located near Sudbury Ont. and I believe he said he could get a completion kit together and shipped out in 3-4 weeks. I know he has posted on the forum, maybe he will chime in.

Thanks John

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Bill. I have been working with Factory Five and Blueprint Engines now for a while, and am taking care of all Factory Five parts and Canadian completion components for those building here in Canada, as well as distributing Blueprint engines and packages. I am also on the Factory Five builders list, and will build any Factory Five dream car for a customer. As John had mentioned, I do not have a website up and running as of yet......only a Facebook page for my business, which is called Valin's Custom Cars. I am working on one, but it is far from ready. As far as E-Books, I am not offering anything like that, nor will I. If any customer or potential customer has any questions about importing a kit into the country, or around registration in the various provinces, just give me a call or send me an email and I will provide them with all of the information I have.

As far as the time frame for completion packages, most can be delivered in about 2 weeks from the date the order is placed, although I like to allow for 3 weeks in case there are any unforeseen delays.

And thanks for the mention, John! I appreciate it!

Ryan Valin
    Valin's Custom Cars
    (705) 207-4297
    Ryan Valin
    Valin's Custom Cars, Inc.

[email protected]
    (705) 207-4297

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, thanks to both of you for the info. I will pass your info on to the fellow who was inquiring, Ryan.

I thought at one point a few years back, that there was an a company in eastern Canada, either Ontario or Quebec, that was doing the same services that Al had offered. Perhaps that didn't work out. I know the last few years I have read of numerous Cnd builders handling the importing process themselves, and I guess that's just how it's done now. I do have to say the service Al offered, sure made the entire process painless, back when I ordered my roadster.