Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Test mule needed. Looking for a GTM owner partner.

Post Thanks / Like

Test mule needed. Looking for a GTM owner partner.

I already offered this to one GTM owner, but I thought I'd just put it out there to everyone. I am one of the design engineers for a new startup company building genuine racing wings that are self adjusting. They have a small computer that senses G forces and vehicle speed and adjusts the angle of attack of the wing accordingly via two precision electric actuators. We have full-blown race teams in Asia and one in California (I believe) that will be using and testing our wings next year, but I thought a GTM would be perfect for testing the wing on a road car/weekend racer. The wing is being built by the same team who designed most of the modern Top Fuel Dragster wings, so this wing will be very strong and of very high quality. This is a true wing with an actual NASA derived airfoil, not a decorative "spoiler". It has the capability to add a tremendous amount of down force in the turns, braking force when needed, and almost no drag at all during straight line driving. It is 100% carbon fiber with aluminum struts. If you are interested and live within a reasonable distance from Chicago, send me a PM and we can talk about it. Whomever we can partner up with will get to keep the wing once it is perfected. We anticipate a price range of $5k to $15k depending on the model once we go into production, so the GTM we end up testing with will have a nice product for free.

Post Thanks / Like
    It TEXAS a reasonable distance? If so I'm in.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've had an unbelievable amount of response in such a short time. For those who have PM'd me- and you GTMsomday- I'm talking to my partners about what would fit us the best. Chicago area would obviously be the best for me because I am moving there in a week or two, but many who have contacted me would be a good fit. Thank you. If anyone else is interested, keep the PMs coming.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave,
    I will offer my car as a platform for your wing research and development. 9 years running in completion sprints and endurance races. What better data than endurance racing for your product! The best drivers, best input, best data!
    Richard
    209 518-4778

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Cobra. Thanks. I'm on hold for a couple weeks (I'm moving), but as soon as we are settled I will discuss this with my partners and reach out to all of you. Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by c131fdave View Post
    Hey Cobra. Thanks. I'm on hold for a couple weeks (I'm moving), but as soon as we are settled I will discuss this with my partners and reach out to all of you. Thanks again.
    Twin Turbo and in Chicago. May be interested. PM me.

Jeff