Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  25
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Oil issues: Dry Sump, Accusump for road racing?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    I have thought seriously about buying one as I have a Dailey DS laying around. Dom has said that this is a far superior and proper way to drive the pumps since it does not put a strain on the timing belt and throw timing off on the left bank.
    FYI I removed my thread as I can't recommend this vendor so buyer beware! After recent transition dealings I wouldn't recommend them to my fellow 818r's. Although seems like pretty good product if you can get one. Good Luck!
    FFR 818r Instagram biknman69
    2020 Ram 2500HD, 19 Forester Touring DD, 96 GM coupe for SCCA SM
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    • Ernest Hemingway

Post Thanks / Like
    Dom seems to have some issues. I do believe he is a brilliant guy, but seems lately he is a bit of a loose cannon, what with all his wacky videos.
    He also posts on FB new CAD designs and parts offerings and they're nowhere to be found to order. He has too many sites that are not defined, linked or cohesive.
    Dom seemed a little peeved with me when I said I could not find a top-mount AWIC he was designing and that I wanted to know the specs and what it would fit... He was secretive and/or acting like I should be able to read his mind. He mentioned a name of where the info was, and I couldn't find it. I guess you must have the secret password/be an insider! You must want to have his parts really bad.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scargo View Post
    Dom seems to have some issues. I do believe he is a brilliant guy, but seems lately he is a bit of a loose cannon, what with all his wacky videos.
    He also posts on FB new CAD designs and parts offerings and they're nowhere to be found to order. He has too many sites that are not defined, linked or cohesive.
    Dom seemed a little peeved with me when I said I could not find a top-mount AWIC he was designing and that I wanted to know the specs and what it would fit... He was secretive and/or acting like I should be able to read his mind. He mentioned a name of where the info was, and I couldn't find it. I guess you must have the secret password/be an insider! You must want to have his parts really bad.
    Yup Ditto! I think the whole cooling mod that "he came up with" and so many copied so quickly has him a little bitter and super reserved when it comes to selling his very customized parts. Plus the Suby community is known for and is full of turds so I can't blame him really. :-)
    FFR 818r Instagram biknman69
    2020 Ram 2500HD, 19 Forester Touring DD, 96 GM coupe for SCCA SM
    “There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.”
    • Ernest Hemingway

Post Thanks / Like

Dry Sumps, Wet Sumps & Accusumps Explained | MounTune [TECH TALK]

Dry Sumps, Wet Sumps & Accusumps Explained | MounTune [TECH TALK]
    This comes up a lot here. Thought ya'll might like to see what MounTune has to say. We run dry sumps on both our Subaru powered cars, but if you can't afford a DS, then Accusump is a viable option.

5. Thanks Rob T thanked for this post
    Likes Hobby Racer liked this post
Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021