Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hump Block Off Aluminum

Post Thanks / Like

Hump Block Off Aluminum

What are folks doing with the hump block off aluminum ? Using it ? Doing something different ? Doing nothing ?
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    IMG_0827.JPG
    We used it for a template, did a bend at the bottom, cut along the back bend, curled it around to match the hump and welded it.

In otherwords, we just did our own thing. Do yourself a favour, make it two piece, side to side, and join in the middle. Zoom in on the passenger side. You can also section cut a piece of alum angle for behind the hump alum at the base, to make the curve, and rivet from the front. Should still look pretty good if you use small rivits and wrap once done.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRacing View Post
    IMG_0827.JPG
    We used it for a template, did a bend at the bottom, cut along the back bend, curled it around to match the hump and welded it.

In otherwords, we just did our own thing. Do yourself a favour, make it two piece, side to side, and join in the middle. Zoom in on the passenger side. You can also section cut a piece of alum angle for behind the hump alum at the base, to make the curve, and rivet from the front. Should still look pretty good if you use small rivits and wrap once done.
    Did you mount aluminum to hump/deck lid or to frame ?
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony,
    I have just started on my IC ducting this week taking in air from the RS hump. The TMIC duct will be attached/ be part of the rear deck and sit on and sealed to the IC. I will only be using the LS block out, my current thinking is I will rivet it to the Hump.
    I do have the option to rivet it to the aluminum tray but will make that decision once I get my IC duct work done.
    The FFR tray I have modified and bolts in with 6 10/32's so it comes out easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    Tony,
    I have just started on my IC ducting this week taking in air from the RS hump. The TMIC duct will be attached/ be part of the rear deck and sit on and sealed to the IC. I will only be using the LS block out, my current thinking is I will rivet it to the Hump.
    I do have the option to rivet it to the aluminum tray but will make that decision once I get my IC duct work done.
    The FFR tray I have modified and bolts in with 6 10/32's so it comes out easily.
    Tray ? I must be missing something ?
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    I will get a photo tonight and post, my kit came with a sheet metal piece the width of the cockpit about 4"wide to a 90* bend that is about 2.5-3" it is notched for the S roll bar. it is meant to mount on top of top frame rail that the roll bar is mounted too. I just added a 90* bend so I can mount it to the back of the top frame rail instead of the top.

Post Thanks / Like
    We mounted the alum to the frame, as it holds our air intake. Will post pics as I just installed ours. We may be changing it to an internal filter box and velocity stack later.

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really noisy and annoying without the aluminum if you have an External BOV (even wearing a helmet).
    Thanks- Chad
    818R-SOLD!!!- Go Karted 7/20/14/ Officially raced NASA ST2- 2/28/15
    2016 Elan NP01 Prototype Racecar Chassis #20
    1969 Porsche 911ST Vintage Race Car
    1972 Porsche 911T (#'s matching undergoing nut & bolt resto in my garage)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C.Plavan View Post
    It's really noisy and annoying without the aluminum if you have an External BOV (even wearing a helmet).
    Good point !
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Tony, here are a few photo's of the filler panel I mentioned.pannel side view.JPGPannel top view.JPGPannel w rear deck.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Wright View Post
    Tony, here are a few photo's of the filler panel I mentioned.
    Thanks I will look for that tonight as I think I remember seeing something like that
    Tony Nadalin
    818R Build in progress