This isn't super important, but I'm curious. I have a package of hardware that looks to be labelled 80913, which I don't find reference to anywhere. The hose clamp and ground strap I used to mount and hook up the fuel filler cap. The cap came with the bolts and nuts to mount it, so I'm not sure what these are for. They are too big to mount the cap anyways. And what is that plastic fitting for? As I bought my kit partially assembled from someone else, I'm not sure what came with it and what was bought after. There are also duplicates, like the large fuel hose for attaching the cap to the pipe from the tank. I used a section of the thick black/red fuel hose, but also have a strange bent thin-walled piece of tubing. I saw a reference to it being used to hook up the fuel filler, but it sure doesn't look like fuel hose to me. Doesn't matter since I don't think I need it.

And before I mounted the fuel filler cap, I opened and closed it several times. It is a pretty tight fit and small bits of aluminum were scraped off where the steel pin rides on the aluminum housing. Probably a minor point, but if I didn't do that they would have gone into the tank. I also put a touch of grease on that area just to reduce the wear. It is a pretty cool looking cap though!

Rick

IMG_0561.jpg