Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Turn Signal Wiring

Post Thanks / Like

Turn Signal Wiring

I have the Ron Francis Wiring Harness that came with my complete kit. I also have Russ Thompson's Turn Signal System, and an extra Green T/S Indicator Light. I would like to use the Push Button on the end of the T/S Stalk for the Horn. That appears relatively easy to wire. However, I would also like to keep/utilize the 2 Toggle Switches for the Hazard & Hi/Low Beam Lights. Is there a simple way to wire Russ's System into the harness to make it all work? In other words, do I still need those extra Diodes & Relays, or is there a way to make this easier?
    Thanks in advance, Rod
    Last edited by RdstrRod; 10-05-2014 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Will re-post this in the regular Roadster area.

Post Thanks / Like
    The RT turn signal system adds nothing to your circuits other than two switches. Using the momentary button on the end of the stalk instead of the momentary horn button on the dash is no different. Same for the switching mechanism for the L/R turn signal in the RT assembly vs. using a switch on the dash.

Bottom line, the diodes are still needed to keep the hazards from back feeding into the turn signals and the relay is still needed to give high/low beams.

Also, this thread would probably get more views/responses in the regular Roadster area vs. the build directory.
    Last edited by edwardb; 10-05-2014 at 03:41 PM.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.