Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Dash mounted switches

Post Thanks / Like

Dash mounted switches

Is it just me or does any one else have difficulty reaching the dash while strapped in, I a not very tall 5'5 so my seat is not that far back but I am 2 inches from being able to reach the front of the dash while strapped in. I watched the last FFR video and he adjusted the brake balance without any problem. If I move the seat any more forward I'll be all scrunched.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not near that far yet but have installed my pedal box, set in the steering mount the steering shaft and set the seat in the car. TBD but I believe I will have the same issue so thinking about mounting the switches on the center console once i get that far.

Post Thanks / Like
    Unless I make some sort of console coming down from the dash, there is no room between the shifter and park brake handle. My kit only came with the rear portion of the console. I may try reducing the recline of the seat and see if I can pick up any reach.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just add electric seats and all will be fine
    Tony Nadalin
    2018 SOVREN Big Bore Champion
    2015 SCCA Oregon Region VP3 Champion
    2012 ICSCC ITE Class Champion
    FFR MkII Challenge Car, Spec Racer, Street Legal, SCCA, ICSCC and NASA Racing
    818R Build in progress

Post Thanks / Like
    Just move the whole dash closer to you.. That's what Jim and he Ffr boys did for me as I had the same problem as you before
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Gen3 Type65 Coupe R, Street legal.***
    ***SOLD!!! - NASA ST2 FFR#48 Challenge Car rolling chassis, Street legal.***
    http://johngeorgeracing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Did they add some kind of filler panel between the dash and the piece the windshield attaches to?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I think the cowling functions as that filler. In my build I could have slid the dash back 5" before the cowling wouldn't allow me to attach my dash to it. I think you just need a custom bracket on the bottom side of the dash to attach it to the chassis

Post Thanks / Like
    I can only slide mine back about 1.5 inches before it is exposed In the photo it is at the end of the cowl piece and about an inch past the lower cross member. It would need to go about 3/4 of an inch forward to attach it at the top.818dash 001.JPG818dash 002.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    You Should have this piece of aluminum to go between dash and windshield/deflector.

dash.jpg
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    That piece is installed

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by D Clary View Post
    That piece is installed
    I see it now. I thought the aluminum went on top of the windshield frame. My mistake.
    Bob
    818S #22 Candy Blue Frame, Front Gas Tank, 2.5L Turbo, Rear radiator, Shortened Transmission, Wookiee Compatible, Console mounted MR2 Shifter, Custom ECU panel, AWIC soon
    My Son Michael's Turbo ICE Build X22 http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...rts-818S-Build
    My Electric Supercar Build X21 (on hold until winter) http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-Build-Thread