Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 33 accelerator cable

Post Thanks / Like

Post 33 accelerator cable

Manual does not seem to have instructions on how to run the accelerator cable through the firewall. Appears that hole needs to be drilled near the upper peddle arm to allow the cable to pass through and connect to the supplied attachment parts. The only diagram I found in the manual was to remove the end of the cable to insert it into the cable fastner. Can anyone help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, here is what I did. Mount pedal first. I put the cable connector on the pedal since it sits off to the side. I then lined it up square with firewall and marked around it. found center of my marking and that is where I drilled. The cable does want to drop some in height as pedal is pressed so make sure you don't mount too high or it will rub in fitting. I don't like the long length and cheap looking black cable so I may cover it with sleeve or replace it with a lokar unit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the lokar cable and carb bracket before even trying with the supplied cable. Part numbers as follows:
    lok-srk-4001
    lok-tc-1000ht
    The braided cable looks good and is easy to install. I made an extension piece that bolts on to the top half of the pedal mechanism so i could drill my hole thru the firewall above the 1" frame tube. I am not happy with how the whole thing works as the whole pedal mechanism seems wobbly side to side. At the end of the stroke when the secondaries are opening, the pedal gets in a bind and is very hard to push. So now I am buying Lokar part number bag-6148 new pedal assembly which has a much more robust pivot mechanism. I dont want any issues with the gas pedal malfunctioning or failing. I will let you know how this new pedal works