FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: LED Flasher

Post Thanks / Like

LED Flasher

My 818S kit came with rear LED lights and a 2 prong (plus ground) LED flasher. No indication of any kind from FFR what the flasher is for or where it is to be mounted. Does it replace a factory Subaru flasher or the Turn and Hazard module or what? Again another frustrating conundrum foisted upon us by FFR. I can't even find the so-called Turn and Hazard Module. I don't think I have "dieted" it. Anyone have an idea?

Post Thanks / Like
    Turn on the hazards and listen for the fast clicking (fast because there is no load on it). The source of the clicking is what gets changed. There are three wires going to the plug. Remove the black wire connector from the plug, then insert the plug so the the two prongs on the flasher go into occupied plug slots. Cut the screw connector off the pigtail on the LED flasher and install a blade connector that fits the connector in the black wire you removed earlier from the plug, and connect them together. Run the hazards again, the clicking should be a normal pace now. Cheers.
    Last edited by Goldwing; 09-10-2014 at 11:22 PM.
    Rich

818S in progress. 2007 WRX sedan donor.
    Powered up: 7-8-14, First Start: 7-20-14, Go kart: 8-19-14

Post Thanks / Like
    I have, during the process of my build, come to understand why we hear or read so often about the FFR "community." The two words seem intertwined, always together. Because this project is truly a community project, not a solo act. Are these gaps in the manual oversights or intentional? I've come to conclude there's a little of both, but the end results of beautiful cars and developing friendships that result in the Factory Five Racing "community" might be worth the loose ends that prompt us to connect with the community here. There doesn't seem to be anything we can't figure out or improve upon here.

I threw my old flasher out last week, but I remember it being a box shape with an integrated bracket I had used to screw to the frame. I had to make a new bracket for the new flasher. It was near my fuse panel in the front, to give you a general idea of where it should be on yours.
    Rich

818S in progress. 2007 WRX sedan donor.
    Powered up: 7-8-14, First Start: 7-20-14, Go kart: 8-19-14

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes. I have found it. A 3 prong square black plastic flasher (looks like a relay). 3 wires are: Brown/Red, Black/Yellow, Black (ground wire replaces this.

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone have any ideas why my flasher works, but rear turn signals do not? FYI, front lights are not connected yet.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Guns, do you have the hazard switch hooked up? how does it behave.
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yup, it's hooked up, blinks at roughly 2x speed.

Master Builder
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guns, the reason it flashes quickly is because you dont have the front connected.

Kenny

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea that's what I figured, but the turn signals should still work right? I have the ground coming out of the middle of the plug. I have the other two wires plugged in opposite of each other, therefore 1 flashes white and one flashes yellow. Just not sure why the signals don't work. Also, my taillights only stay on if the parking light switch is one. Brake lights work fine as well. I'm assuming this may be because the fronts aren't hooked up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GUNS View Post
    Anyone have any ideas why my flasher works, but rear turn signals do not? FYI, front lights are not connected yet.
    Flashers work with the ignition off or on. Signals only work with the key in the RUN position. Check the key - if it's a 2006 or later, it may be the immobilizer circuit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Flashers work with the ignition off or on. Signals only work with the key in the RUN position. Check the key - if it's a 2006 or later, it may be the immobilizer circuit.
    It's the simple things sometimes...I had the ignition set to ON, just not RUN. It all works! Once again, thanks to everyone for the help!