BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Which e-brake cable do I need.

Post Thanks / Like

Which e-brake cable do I need.

I am working on a 33 Hot Rod for a friend. It has the Ford 8.8 3 Link rear end. I am using the Willwood MY 120 10112 RD rear calipers. My problem is I don't know which e-brake cable to use. I called FFR and they said I need to call Willwood.
    Which is what I did. Willwood stated that I needed their cable part #330-11282. When I looked at a picture of this cable I could see that it was the wrong one. It calls for using a balance bar to hook the cables to the e-brake handle, plus the cable only sticks out about 3 inches from the rubber housing. The bracket on the frame to attach the cable housing is 2 feet away from the handle.

Has anyone out there had this problem and if so how did you overcome it.

Any and all help is very much appreciated, Thanks Larry

2. Thanks RBBJ 32 HOTROD thanked for this post
    Likes RBBJ 32 HOTROD, Aircontroller liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would just get the universal Lokar cables. You can cut it whatever length you want. I used them and they made things much easier

4. Likes RBBJ 32 HOTROD liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used the Wilwood Floor Mount Emergency Brake Cables 330-9371.
    I have the Willwood internal drum parking brake in my rear.
    You pull out the cable and cut the housing to whatever length you need and then trim the cable end to length. They worked through the stock bracket.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went online to Rockauto and found the one that looked like it would work. I then checked with O'relly's and they carry the same one. I went and got it and it looks like with some small changes it will work.

Thanks guys for the help, Larry

Post Thanks / Like
    I just went through the same issues, it looked initially that the supplied FFR cables were slightly too short, I ordered what appeared to be correct from Wilwood but they were way too long and a lot different then the FFR set-up. After looking and pondering I cut the forward mount off the chassis mount from the frame, adding a couple 1 inch spacers to a new fabbed plate and that allowed me to use all the original parts for the E brake. If anyone needs a picture of the mod let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought the Lokar universal emergency brake kit. I looks well made and easy to install with the handle that comes with out kits. I'm mating it up with the Right Stuff brake kit for the 8.8 ford rear.
    33 Hot Rod w/ deluxe 32 nose
    350 SBC and 700r4 automatic, 8.8 rear with 3.55 gears
    Order date:4/25/19, Deliver date 6/10/19
    First run 10/6/2019, Go cart 11/3/2019

9. Thanks Aircontroller thanked for this post
    Likes Aircontroller liked this post