Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Ordered my coupe yesterday have some questions???

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered my coupe yesterday have some questions???

Ok so I decided to order the type 65 coupe yesterday and put the deposit down couldn't pass up the 2500 in free upgrades. So now I have some questions hopefully you guys can help me out here luckily due to the fact that I raced a 99 Mustang also have a 91 as a donor car and a bunch of Maximum Motorsports product I don't think it's going to cost me very much to build the car. Although I did sell my engine out of it I will have to get a new one but I only sold it as a long block.

1. I ordered the kit with black powder coating and was wondering can you get silver powder coating?
    2. Is there going to be any fitment issues with my T56 twin disc clutch and a scatter shield?
    3. As for the wiring harness who do you guys suggest is the best one to utilize.
    4. When these cars are complete with a 351 Windsor typically what do they weigh.
    5. Does anyone know of a good source for a fuel cell I'm not crazy about running a stock mustang fuel tank in it.
    6. I do not want to run a Mustang pedal box does anyone have good information on a good source for aftermarket pedal boxes.

Well this is all the questions I can think of for now I'm sure I'll have many more to come in the future thanks for all the help and looking forward to building my coop. Also on a side note I think I'll be selling my 66 Mustang Fastback.
    IMG_20140531_143830_426.jpg
    Last edited by greenn50; 11-15-2014 at 08:19 AM.

Average Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    green50,

Welcome to the "coupe crazies". I'm sure Hank Lopez will chime in soon with your official coupe jacket ...

1. You can order your kit without powder coating and have it done locally in the color of your choice.
    4. I've got a 351 Windsor stroker, with air conditioning and carpeting. Weighs 2,514 lbs.
    6. The Wilwood brake upgrade comes with it's own pedal box assembly.

One issue with the 351 block is that you are limited to a low rise manifold or the hood won't close over the air cleaner/carb. If you want a high rise manifold, you may have to do some mods to the hood bubble.

I'm sure others will fill in the info that I didn't cover.

Garry
    I sure miss my coupe!

F5R1004503SP 2004 Challenge Car, 331 Stroker

Coupe # 031, 422" Windsor stroker by Southern Automotive (Dash autographed by Peter Brock)***SOLD***
    Unique 427 Roadster, 482" Aluminum FE by Southern Automotive***SOLD***

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    The wiring harness with the complete kit is a good one IMO. Easy to modify and install.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    5) For a fuel cell you can check the vendor list here or I have had custom cells made by Fuel safe. You send them all the dimensions and where you want the fill plate. It has been several years since I had one made but at that time they charge by the gallon. I would think there are off the shelf cell that would fit if you do a search.

Good luck,

Bill Lomenick
    Chotis Bill

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the help on the fuel cell I think for the wiring I'm going to go with an American autowire a highway 22 I used American autowire when I wired up my 66 Mustang and it was very complete and I go to overall product.

what are the dimensions of the type 65 coupe like overall length and overall width trying to accommodate a spot in my shop.

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Raise your right hand and say after me,

"I (State your name), do swear/affirm, that upon acceptance of this "Revered Coupe Jacket", will willingly subject myself to all manner of frustration and abrasion that my FFR Type 65 will provide. I further pledge that any and all fellow Coupe builders will have free reign in using the cash available in my wallet as they see fit to improve my build plan. I will not look down upon our fellow Roadster builders, but rather take pity on those not talented enough to build a race car with a roof, So Help Me God!"

It is my pleasure to present you with the "Revered Coupe Jacket", Here's your sign!!

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Superannuated Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you are willing to move your battery and utilize the space beneath the hatch floor, you can fit up to about a 30 gallon tank into that space. I think Boyd's is the only forum vendor specializing in tanks, and they are primarily a custom tank shop. They have a "universal" 15 gallon tank that would fit the space. I don't know what their fuel cell experience is.

Beyond that, there are a number of non-forum vendors which deal in both tanks and cells at various price points. Many of them have existing tank formats which will fit. The space is roughly 17" long and 10" deep. You can go up to 36" wide, depending on what else you are doing in that space. Doing this has the advantage of moving your fuel supply forward and up and the disadvantages of increasing the rear weight bias (if you use a higher capacity tank -- which you can offset a tiny bit by moving the battery into the engine compartment) and raising the center of gravity a bit.

Out of deference to the forum vendors, I won't specify other sources here, but if you want to PM me, I will share my experiences in this area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Boyd's also sells a 20 gallon tank for the roadster that should also fit the coupe.

P

Superannuated Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by narkosys View Post
    Boyd's also sells a 20 gallon tank for the roadster that should also fit the coupe.

P
    Thanks, narko; I missed that one.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    You can buy a Wilwood pedal box with or without a hydraulic clutch setup from Forte's Parts Connection. You can use it with Ford brakes if you don't want to spend the extra money for the full Wilwood setup right now. Also, I sent you a Private Message.
    "Loyalty to the country always. Loyalty to the government when it deserves it".

Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking I would just make my own fuel tank if I couldn't find what I was looking for. I'll look into the Wilwood pedal setup. I talked to factory five today they said the coupe is about 20 1/2 long is that sound correct.

Senior Member riptide motorsport's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Ron Francis wiring harness from ffr installs itself just by throwing it at the car......its that good. The IS NO other way to go....
    FFR Daytona Type 65 Coupe
    67 427 Cobra
    57' Belair
    72 Pinto Wagon ,306" 1/4 miler
    34 5 window coupe Ford
    2003 Mustang GT
    99' ZX9
    85 Goldwing

All toys still in the Scuderia!

Every Saint has a past..................every sinner a future

Don't take yourself so seriously........no one else does.

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a Psychiatrists office.