Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Did someone mention Chocolate Chip Cookies???

Regards - Randy
    Racecar Fab/Support
    GT40 331 - Weber IDAs, G50 5spd
    69 Camaro SS 4spd
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - 44.2 MPG daily driver
    2002 Avalanche 2500 - Avian Target
    My GT-40 Build Site: http://www.GT-FORTY.com

President, Factory Five Racing Dave Smith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    The charter of this site is community NOT Factory Five Racing. Our company will be fine either way, but the community can be hurt when things like forums change hands in some ways. CHARITY has defined the FFR community. I could tell you literally 100's of stories of selflessness and fellowship and I dont know 10 percent of them. My daughter and kids with CF have benefitted tremendously from the money raised (all of which goes 100% to the charity) for Cystic Fibrosis. In big ways and small, the FFR community is already defined by charity. This forum will return to community with low ad rates to ENCOURAGE the guys who innovate and reward them with access to the community. I wont speak for Bill, but I will state clearly that this forum has a charter that is simply to build the community. Charity is assumed and already an installed part of a really good group of people because they are a really good group of people.

DAve Smith
    FFR001

Post Thanks / Like
    So, is speedking our first troll???
    SOLD MY MK III Oct 4. 2010
    1987 Buick Grand National (All original with only 16k miles on it)
    1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Currently undergoing a complete Frame off restoration)
    2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew (Daily Driver)
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (Beater)

Silver Supporting Vendor Cameron Autosports's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think this is a great idea. We can still enjoy the FFCars Forum. I'm looking forward to seeing the same faces here.
    #5560 All New Build MkIII IRS, 8.8 Torsen, Koni's, 427Stroker, Tremac TKO600, Fuel Cell, Pin Drive, Hugger Orange/White, SB100 • www.photobucket.com/albums/pp333/n1722t
    Cameron Autosports, LLC.
    West Coast Builder and Restorer of Award Winning Carswww.cameronautosports.com
    Winner: FFR Huntington Beach 2011 BEST OF SHOW • Winner: AHA Pomona, Ca 2011 BEST OF SHOW, BEST ENGINE, 1st Place Cobra Class $50K and 1st Place Cobra Class $30-$50K.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob J View Post
    Meat, reincarnate.
    Aaron

Holley 650 DP / Performer RPM Intake / Twisted Wedge Heads / 347 ci / TKO500 / 3.73 rear gears

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmustang View Post
    I guess you missed the fact that the Cobra community (real, replica,otherwise) as a whole (not just one forum,but all forums and members and kit car manufacturers who wish to participate) does this once a year with Cystic Fibrosis.It does not matter what Bill P does or does not do, he is out of the picture and has his own family issues to deal with (which may have been one of the reasons he sold). Honestly, to keep bringing him in to this and rehashing the past does nothing for the future of the Cobra community. It happened, this site happened, let's all move on and make a successful web forum.

Bill S.

PS: Now, how about some chocolate chip cookies
    Do you have a link to the information about the charity event? That's actually the first time I've heard of it (I guess my head's been in the sand, lol!) and would like to learn more for this year about it.

Also, cookies...gimmie gimmie gimmie
    FFR cobra
    RCR Superlite
    RCR 917
    04 Cobra/Z06/Diablo/bunch of other junk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
    Huh?

I suppose that could be targeting me... I'm a moderator on ffcars and don't currently own an FFR. But I've built 6 of them....
    Not really concerned about Post Count.. More concerned about post quality and usefulness..
    Randy, you're cool, don't sweat it. The moderators at FFCARS.COM have done an excellent job to keep the peace, keep the politics down and keep distructive forces away. Dave Smith would do well to bring you all on board. Hey, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. And, as for not owning an FFR, I am carless at the moment but after building two and winning Targa Newfoundland with one of them I think I can slide for a while.

Great to see all the old handles showing up. As Bill (Mr Mustang) said, lets just get on with whatever. Lifes too short.

Post Thanks / Like
    Were are the cookies!!!
    MKlll FF#5501 427w Roller,TKO 600,Hydroboost Brakes,Heidt's Adjustable PS valve, 4 wheel cobra disc,355 gears, Moser axels,ISIS Intelligent Multiplex System ,heated seats.painted by (NCPAINTER)

Post Thanks / Like
    In all honesty, I'd say the mods of ffcars.com are the best of what that site has to offer. I love you guys...Can I have your Bud Light?

Post Thanks / Like
    As a vendor for many years on FFCars, it was very important to me that the forum ran well and offered a safe haven for my meager advertising dollars. From my perspective, everyone involved did a banner job of directing that forum through the years. I gave some when the call went out for help against the suit - not so much as to help Bill or the forum, but to make my small statement that the community was worth protecting from being stamped out - that community is safer now and exists regardless of where we might call home. As we've seen overseas lately, the net is powerful - but a sense of belonging and community is more powerful still. I'd love to see this place, this community, grow and add even more depth and value to our lives. It's been a big part of mine so far.

All the best, Don
    When people say I have ADD, I tell them they don't understand . . . Hey look, a chicken!
    ". . . only try to realize the truth, there is no spoon."
    http://www.TangentKits.com/ http://www.DonWrightStudio.com/ http://www.athinkingman.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by efnfast View Post
    Do you have a link to the information about the charity event? That's actually the first time I've heard of it (I guess my head's been in the sand, lol!) and would like to learn more for this year about it.

Also, cookies...gimmie gimmie gimmie
    http://www.londoncobrashow.com/

The event has existed in various names and forms since 2001. Proceeds go to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. It all began with chocolate chip cookies. Mr. Peirce has been one of the event's benefactors over the years. Keep your head up Alex!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    He is probably cobrabob99 who has some sort of issue with 2FAST4U. He was banned on the other site for antagonizing Bill.
    Last edited by Hoosier; 02-14-2011 at 07:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Big-Foot View Post
    Did someone mention Chocolate Chip Cookies???

I can give you my recipe for Potato Pancakes. Mmm, comfort food.
    Frank

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by frankeeski View Post
    I can give you my recipe for Potato Pancakes. Mmm, comfort food.
    Oh YES!!!!

I love them steamin' hot with a pad of butter and Maple Syrup...

Is it time for breakfast again???

((Drool))
    Regards - Randy
    Racecar Fab/Support
    GT40 331 - Weber IDAs, G50 5spd
    69 Camaro SS 4spd
    2007 Toyota Camry Hybrid - 44.2 MPG daily driver
    2002 Avalanche 2500 - Avian Target
    My GT-40 Build Site: http://www.GT-FORTY.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    He is probably cobrabob99 who has some sort of issue with 2FAST4U. He was banned on the other site for antagonizing Bill.
    Funny, I was thinking that same thing.

It's always a handful of people who have to cause the grief.
    SOLD MY MK III Oct 4. 2010
    1987 Buick Grand National (All original with only 16k miles on it)
    1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport (Currently undergoing a complete Frame off restoration)
    2005 Ford F150 FX4 Supercrew (Daily Driver)
    2001 Dodge Grand Caravan (Beater)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this will be a good thing. Makes sense........new owners of the other site....losing site or never having any in the first place?

What writing is on the wall. Smart move Mr. Smith.

Post Thanks / Like
    I for one am VERY Happy they did it. Personally for me with all the money that got donated to the lawsuit, then the sell out, I've got a bad taste left in my mouth. REAL BAD.
    I've always believe that everyone has their own mind, and their own oppinion about things that happen in life.

But in regard to Bill Pierce and the FFCars forum, I don't really think it's fair to throw everything that he endured into a single pile.

For years, he did everything that he could, to make sure that the forum was alive and available to anyone interested in Factory Five related info. I would have to think that the majority of "members" are still not paying members. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Bill busted his butt to keep things going, even for those who weren't helping to support it.

Then Carol ****** comes along, and thinks that anyone who takes part in the Cobra Replica hobby should be sued. He set his sights on Bill and the "ffcobra" forum. He was already after Factory Five, trying to rape them as well.

In any event, Bill carried the cost of attorneys needed to defend himself against ******'s thugs, (I mean attorneys), for as long as he could before asking for help from the forum members.

He could have just let it fold and walk away with little impact to himself, but he went the extra mile(s) to make sure the the forum remained a viable source, and stayed in tact going forward.

Through all of this, and Because all of this, his personal life took a large hit. And I'm wondering how many of us would not have made the same decision that he was faced with?
    1. Keep pouring all of his time and energy into maintaining the forum?
    2. Close the forum?
    3. Sell the forum to a company that will keep it available for the members?
    I think that given the circumstances, he made the choice that was right for him. I also feel that he did a hell of a great job trying to keep this community of people and Factory Five Info Resource together.

Do I feel that my money was spent badly by trying to help him out? No, not in the least. He proved himself over and over, to be one of the truly good people of the forum.

I'd do it again if he needed it.

Now, with all that being said, I am very glad to be a part of this new forum. I think the one thing that was missing from the ffcars forum, was open participation from Factory Five. Now we'll have that as well.

Thanks Bill Pierce for all that you did for us, and Thank Dave Smith for what you're setting out to do for us to keep this going well into the future.
    Last edited by The Stig; 02-16-2011 at 02:09 PM.
    The Stig

Some say, that I only know two facts about ducks, (both being wrong); and that if I could be bothered, I could solve the "da Vinci Code" in 47 seconds...
    All I know is that I'm called "The Stig".
    GTM #0081

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soggy bottom View Post
    I personaly think its great a fresh start, and Dave please no private section look at what that turned in to, a disgrace would not even come close to discribing it.
    I really like a Pub type place but it would be hard to have it and shield those with no interest in it.

Quote Originally Posted by speedking View Post
    The worst thing about the old FFcars is the mods. There are mods there that don't even own a FFR, just trying to get the post count up!
    Actually the Mods over there are awesome, especially the staff in the 33 section.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just here for the cookies. So gimmie one!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never heard of any issues with the mods on the other site. They kept things in line so we wouldnt end up hating each other.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I've always believe that everyone has their own mind, and their own oppinion about things that happen in life.

But in regard to Bill Pierce and the FFCars forum, I don't really think it's fair to throw everything that he endured into a single pile.

For years, he did everything that he could, to make sure that the forum was alive and available to anyone interested in Factory Five related info. I would have to think that the majority of "members" are still not paying members. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt it. Bill busted his butt to keep things going, even for those who weren't helping to support it.

Then Carol ****** comes along, and thinks that anyone who takes part in the Cobra Replica hobby should be sued. He set his sights on Bill and the "ffcobra" forum. He was already after Factory Five, trying to rape them as well.

In any event, Bill carried the cost of attorneys needed to defend himself against ******'s thugs, (I mean attorneys), for as long as he could before asking for help from the forum members.

He could have just let it fold and walk away with little impact to himself, but he went the extra mile(s) to make sure the the forum remained a viable source, and stayed in tact going forward.

Through all of this, and Because all of this, his personal life took a large hit. And I'm wondering how many of us would not have made the same decision that he was faced with?
    1. Keep pouring all of his time and energy into maintaining the forum?
    2. Close the forum?
    3. Sell the forum to a company that will keep it available for the members?
    I think that given the circumstances, he made the choice that was right for him. I also feel that he did a hell of a great job trying to keep this community of people and Factory Five Info Resource together.

Do I feel that my money was spent badly by trying to help him out? No, not in the least. He proved himself over and over, to be one of the truly good people of the forum.

I'd do it again if he needed it.

Now, with all that being said, I am very glad to be a part of this new forum. I think the one thing that was missing from the ffcars forum, was open participation from Factory Five. Now we'll have that as well.

Thanks Bill Pierce for all that you did for us, and Thank Dave Smith for what you're setting out to do for us to keep this going well into the future.
    Well said!

Post Thanks / Like
    Any mod that volunteers for the headaches of moderating this group of lunatics like us without currently owning an FFR deserves applause!
    And X2 on the supporting members area - it's a good idea and a place where "boys can be boys". Optional entertainment at it's best!
    timm

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Stig and agree whole heartedly..... for many years Bill did everything without $$ help...

Loudest noise seems to be from newer guys who dont know long history.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we all knew it would not take long for all of this B.S. to start. If you like the other forum more, then go there. Some will view both, some won't. To each his own.

I think this is going to be the sticky part for FFR to moderate. This type of B.S. In the past they have been able to sit back and keep a neutral stance as a sort of 3rd party. Even thought the "moderators" on this site are not employed by FFR (as far as I know...not making accusations, just no assumptions), I think FFR will still be lumped into social or political stances that require moderators to govern and in the end the site is owned by FFR. All I am saying is it may not be as "clean" as it was for FFR in the past. Either way, they will survive due to those "level minded" of their customers. I think this is a great move, a change was needed clearly IMO with the change of events. I look forward to reasonable advertising rates for the vendors (3rd party) that have helped to make FFR what it has become (I am not one of those, just saying).

Post Thanks / Like
    Besides the cookies and potato pancakes, the whole "why" or "why not" has many layers and I don't think any of us as members can really know the answers because we are not going to get all of the parties involved to do a conference call with us. It is interesting though to see familiar names here on this forum that have animatedly expressed that they would never become members here. Welcome guys.
    Frank

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12