Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headlight Thread - Camry lights (old)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Headlight Thread - Camry lights (old)

This thread is about the Camry lights, not the headlights in the new nose.

I've searched and found very little about headlights, so I'm starting a thread that might be easy for those following to find.

High Beam: The manual says to use the high beam socket and bulb from the donor but I don't have those (AJW crate). Should I buy Subaru sockets & bulbs? Will they fit the headlights, which I think are Camry? Or buy Camry socket & bulbs . . . part numbers?

Aiming: The headlights supplied by FFR have very little adjustment possible even after I added a turn buckle at the bottom. It appears we are all mounting the headlights at different up/down and left/right angles but can the headlight beam be aimed to specs?

Eric, ehanson007, said to buy aftermarket projector headlights, like Spyder, which have aiming adjustments. Maybe before I buy sockets and bulbs for the supplied headlights I should upgrade the headlights. To find those I should search for Camry replacement lights, right?
    Last edited by AZPete; 08-13-2016 at 10:30 AM.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).