FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from San Diego!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from San Diego!

Hello everybody!

I have been working on my MK4 for almost two years now and have been quietly visiting this forum often for problem solving, inspiration and new ideas.

Now about halfway done, I have implemented some very useful updates, fixes and pretty cool upgrades that I'm sure others may find useful, so now my plans are to share these to give back to this forum and members.

Thanks and I look forward to "actively" participating!

Saul S

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi ,Welcome to the forum.We would be interested in hearing what these fixes and upgrades are.Roger

Superstition Mtn foothills 5 miles west of Gold Canyon AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome aboard, Roger. I, too, took quite a bit of time to get my roadster on the road. Whether it takes 6 month or 6 years, you will have a wealth of experiences to remember down the road. Looking back, I can tell you from my personal experience, it is more fun to drive one than build. Some would disagree. The diversity of the forum is what makes it so strong and helpful. Doing a build retrospectively has lots of value. When you have had time to think through the task, sometimes you give a better explanation than when you are right in the middle of the project (as long as it hasn't been too long ~ memory). Good luck in the rest of the journey. WEK.
    FFR MkIII 302 (ATK), EFI 75mm TB with custom box plenum chamber, 24# injectors, 4 tube BBK ceramic, cold air sys, alum flywheel, crane roller rockers, T5, Wilwood pedals, custom five link with Watt's link, 4 rotors, coil overs, power steering with Heidt valve, alum FFR rad, driver's crash bar mod, mini dead pedal mod, quick release steering wheel hub #6046

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the madness......

We've got a MK-II and I've been going through "build withdrawal" for a few years now, so, if you want/need any help, let me know.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue