Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from Southern Illinois

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from Southern Illinois

Hi,
    I just bargained for a partially assembled Gen1 GTM. Should get to pick it up in a couple weeks. I am a track junkie and wanted a safer vehicle than my Classic Roadsters Healey kit. I enjoy suspension tuning and to that end I measured and modeled the Healey front suspension on a fairly sophisticated program. By moving the suspension points only a small amount that allowed me to correct bump steer, scrub, and set it for a little camber gain. From what I have gleaned on the forum, the Gen1 may be okay for street use but a little adjustment would help for track work. If anyone has the suspension pivot point locations already measured and cares to share that would make life easier for me. If not I should be able to measure mine in the next few months. I will share on the appropriate forum as soon as I know something. (My username is from the vanity plates I had on an old Jag.)
    This looks like a great forum. I hope I can contribute. If anyone tracks their GTM at Gateway, Putnam, Autobahn, Blackhawk, Mid-O, or Road America let me know and we will try to meet. Those are our closest tracks. Also we made it to the new Corvette Museum track this year. Nice track. Some say "technical" (another word for tricky?). Fun but not much run off. I would love to see more GTM's on track.
    Ken

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. I'm planning to head to Autobahn CC with the Northwoods Shelby Club in late May. I believe there is a GTM already signed up as well. I'll be there in my soon to be completed 818 and my father in law may be there in his 33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any GTM owners in the St Louis area? It would be nice to see one in the flesh and take a few pics of how things fit. Thanks for any help.