FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FS: Modena torsen TBD/LSD for Subaru 5sp

Post Thanks / Like

FS: Modena torsen TBD/LSD for Subaru 5sp

I have decided to sell this unit having bought it last year and not touched it since. Too many other projects...

Here is the description from the seller I bought from here on the FFR/818 forum. It looks as described and should be good to go once cleaned-up. However, I offer no guarantees or warranty.

"It is a Modena torsen style (gear type) LSD. I removed it from the transmission yesterday. The transmission failed when two teeth broke off the pinion gear and punched out of the case. There are a fair number of aluminum flakes in the case. The unit looks to be in great condition, but will need be disassembled and cleaned to
    remove the aluminum. The car was only run long enough to get it off the track after the failure. The unit includes male stub shaft axles, which I think are removeable."

and

"They were $1,200 new. They are rare and they are very good at what they do, plus no maintenance on clutch packs. Obviously, this one is used and needs to be taken apart and cleaned but I know that the two sides are rotating independently"

$550 or best offer shipped in the USA

IMG_6435.jpg
    Last edited by DSR-3; 11-30-2022 at 06:30 PM.
    818S #332, EZ30R H6, California licensed 01/2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Just in time for Christmas, I lowered that asking price and added "OBO"!
    818S #332, EZ30R H6, California licensed 01/2019