I have been stopped from finishing the wiring for the last few days because i am waiting for some large firewall grommets to be delivered. I decided that it will be easier to route the main power wires, passenger door wires and relay wires though the AC section under the dash. However the AC section is technically outside the car and needs to be air tight from the inside. So i will use two firewall boots that secure with zip ties to seal off the connections and prevent the wires from touching the aluminum. I tried to buy grommets from the usual places but none had them, or were able to get them... so in the end i had to order 2 from amazon for $50... ouch. I am a little jelous when i see what some of these parts cost in the USA, even with the currency conversion i often pay double.

So here is my updated list of items that need to be completed before mounting the body:
  • 6 hours finish off the wiring and test it all out. (No small task)
  • 1 hour finish bolting AC accumulator together, check to see if i put the filter in, oil the o rings.
  • 4 hours Take the car to a place that can fill the AC unit.
  • 2 hours Test the AC unit to make sure it works.
  • 3 hours Wrap the headers
  • 1 hour cut the holes in the top aluminum for the AC vent ducts
  • 1 hour Rivet in the top aluminum piece.
  • 1 hour put safety wire on the rear axle bolts again (removed a while ago to fix something)
  • 1 hour reinstall the fuel tanks, vents + roll over valves
  • 1 hour Install the fuel pump controller
  • 2 hours go to the junk yard to find a mirror switch pigtail for the switch i bought.

(total 23 hours)

Things i was thinking i might do now or later
  • Install a line lock kit (easy enough to do after the body/hood is installed... maybe i will put the wires in now.
  • Front sway bar (easy enough to do after the body is mounted.
  • Rear sway bar kit. I think this might have to be done before the body goes on for the last time.
  • Trans oil cooler. Radiator mount might be a good thing to work out before the body is mounted.
  • 2 hours make a bracket to support the Kooks exhaust
  • Purchase the rest of the wing and mount it to ensure the spacing is correct before mounting the body.